1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Huddersfield

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After the first half last week I thought that this was going to be a tight game with Huddersfield playing so well. However that 2nd half made me rethink and I am going to go or Saints by 20. There is alot of talk of Huddersfield being the form side after winning their last 7 SL games, but if you look, so have Saints.

So form wise they match.

There are also some bodies back on the field for Saints that we have not had all year long. In fact I think only Pryce is absent. A hit but not as badly hit as we have been for the rest of the year when we played Huddersfield twice and won.

It's been a strange year and by no means our best but still with all the injuries we have managed 2nd spot. My only reservation is if Potter throws an injured Eastmond or Lomax into the mix. That could really hurt us if our half backs don't perform as they are worried they may pick up a knock.

Can I read a match or what?

It's all about da bass

What on earth are you on about.

Im sorry, should I type a little slower for you?

Even as a Wire I am sorry but Westwood is nowhere near as skillful as Super Sam or Ellis.
Wazza's main industrys are service industries, call centres, warehouses and the public sector nowadays. All three are under threat from the Tory cuts.

Im sorry, should I type a little slower for you?

I would prefer it if you just dont type. The rule is you only need to make a play at the ball with your foot, I said that. You seem to think this means you can now start some pathetic nonsensical argument. But hey, if it turns you on then go for it.

Saints 'gamble' paid off then, no chance of losing to th'owd enemy in the last game at the pig sty. Wigan have more bottle than the dump side of the lump dwellers.

:D

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Saints 'gamble' paid off then, no chance of losing to th'owd enemy in the last game at the pig sty. Wigan have more bottle than the dump side of the lump dwellers.

:D

Did you ever think Saints would do anything other than let Wigan and Leeds knock hell out of each other while they have an easier game against the Giants?

I would prefer it if you just dont type. The rule is you only need to make a play at the ball with your foot, I said that. You seem to think this means you can now start some pathetic nonsensical argument. But hey, if it turns you on then go for it.

That isn't the rule its a law of the game, it is current interpatation of the law (rules are fixed, laws aren't). The law still states you must play the ball with your foot.

Edited by Padge

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Nip and tuck early in the 2nd half but then Hudd conceded a succession of penalties and simply could not defend their 20 v Saints. The match was well officiated by Bentham so neither team can have any complaints. Saints were the deserved winner. Whomever they play will need to keep Saints away from their own try line particularly when Graham, Cunningham and Puletua are on the field. Well done Mick Potter.

As predicted, but someone slap potter round the head for the GF.

It's not just another game, it's a final and you have to play fit players,not half chances.

You need a team that are comfortable in their positions not jumbled around for the sake of 1 not very fit player.

Get Meli back in the centre's he is a poor winger in defence, outstanding in attack.

Lucky tonight potter any other team would have taken that weakness and turned it against us. But huddersfield collapsed 2nd half just like last week. Except this week they did not have a 23 point lead.

It's all about da bass

Bless you, If its totaly alright with you of course I will type on.

waving a boot 18 inches above a ball is not, in my humble opinion, making a play at the ball.

Even as a Wire I am sorry but Westwood is nowhere near as skillful as Super Sam or Ellis.
Wazza's main industrys are service industries, call centres, warehouses and the public sector nowadays. All three are under threat from the Tory cuts.

That isn't the rule its a law of the game, it is current interpatation of the law (rules are fixed, laws aren't). The law still states you must play the ball with your foot.

Just looking at the rules and all it says is this,

"When the ball touches the ground it must be heeled (i.e. backwards) by the tackled player."

So your right, it is in the interpretation.

Bless you, If its totaly alright with you of course I will type on.

waving a boot 18 inches above a ball is not, in my humble opinion, making a play at the ball.

18 inches? Wow, missed the bit where a player managed to lift his boot a foot and a half above ball. Not exaggerating by any chance are we.

18 inches? Wow, missed the bit where a player managed to lift his boot a foot and a half above ball. Not exaggerating by any chance are we.

No, why?

Are you upto speed with the rules yet?

As predicted, but someone slap potter round the head for the GF.

It's not just another game, it's a final and you have to play fit players,not half chances.

You need a team that are comfortable in their positions not jumbled around for the sake of 1 not very fit player.

Get Meli back in the centre's he is a poor winger in defence, outstanding in attack.

Lucky tonight potter any other team would have taken that weakness and turned it against us. But huddersfield collapsed 2nd half just like last week. Except this week they did not have a 23 point lead.

What I couldnt understand was why he didnt play soliola inside of Meli defensively, he had Eastmond there which was never gonna work. Meli really does make some terrible decisions in defence though, he never seems to be sure quite what hes doing.

What I couldnt understand was why he didnt play soliola inside of Meli defensively, he had Eastmond there which was never gonna work. Meli really does make some terrible decisions in defence though, he never seems to be sure quite what hes doing.

Especialy when it comes to playing a ball

ok ok :lol:

couldnt help it

Not sure if it was a deliberate ploy but Saints ran at Lunt and got a lot of joy from it close to Hudds line. I think Saints played well. Defended with gusto and kept it simple with ball in hand. Apparently the Eastmond injury was a new injury so Potter cannot be blamed for that. The man IMO has done a good job in a rebuilding phase for Saints and Saints collectively have achieved more in 2010 than people predicted.

Huddersfield have some interesting talented players and possibly a few to represent England in 2010 or 2011 and beyond. Hodgson leaves a big hole and Wire should be much better for having him.

A big weakness that Wigan or Leeds could exploit is Gidley who leaves the defensive line too quickly leaving a hole for a grubber kick behind him.

An interesting aspect of recent games are kicks getting deflected and tries scored. It was either Jack Gibson or Wayne Bennett that preached to his team not to stick out a foot at balls kicked through when in the defensive line and leave it for the fullback / wingers to mop up behind.

Huddersfield have some interesting talented players and possibly a few to represent England in 2010 or 2011 and beyond. Hodgson leaves a big hole and Wire should be much better for having him.

I think your right (for once). Hudds have some good talent and their best players (apart from Hodgson) are all English.

Hodgson will make Wire a better side, not only for his kicking but he will offer Wire much more in attack than Mathers.