Wood pays tribute to Northern Rail winners

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a good job the poorly supported Leigh club took as many as they did then.

I meant Sheffield & Skolars, both were finalists

Rugby League is a sport that desperately needs to expand its geographical supporter base and its player base. This imperative means that all other requirements are secondary until this is done.

All power in the game should be with governing bodies, especially international governing bodies.

Without these actions we will remain a minor sport internationally and nationally.

Well us North Wales Crusaders fans enjoyed ourselves anyway. 300 is not a bad turn out for a CH1 side from Wales.

I think the competition has legs - it gives something for CH and CH1 clubs to  play for - and only becomes irrelevant when you get knocked out!

Keep on taking the miserable pills.

Well us North Wales Crusaders fans enjoyed ourselves anyway. 300 is not a bad turn out for a CH1 side from Wales.

I think the competition has legs - it gives something for CH and CH1 clubs to  play for - and only becomes irrelevant when you get knocked out!

Keep on taking the miserable pills.

North, I agree with you on this. Diolch yn fawr.  :drinks:

A good showing from the Crusaders fans and good spirit shown.

I enjoyed mixing with the supporters from the four teams and enjoyed the games as a neutral.

RL needs events like this and a positive attitude towards them also. It's easy to be negative and critical but if supporters are like that then how do we expect to attract the uninitiated?

Only 300? Sounded like a lot more than that! Some great noise from that part of the stand.

I do hope the competition keeps going as for me it goes back to why we support our teams. Ultimately, to see them win trophies - nothing beats that, even if it is a 'minor' trophy.

I get the comparisons with football's Johnstone's Paint Trophy. I've seen my team lose the final of that competition three times now and each time it was a right kick in the teeth, although if we go out in the first round I'm never massively bothered.

I would be thrilled to see Hemel in the NRB Final next year.