Next Season

Caldecott

So we know where we are now - not sure what to think overall because:

1. If we had gone up I reckon we would have needed to keep the likes of Jack Lee, Salts, Roche etc and add possibly 6 players as good as these 3 if not better than these 3 to have any chance of survival - just have a look at that division and with no disrespect whatsoever tell me where an away win would come.

So you have to win quite a few home games but again just look at the opposition involved

We would need to speculate financially - plan on big crowds coming to BC (centre of town & class opposition helps) say get 4 times this years gate income, but risk spending that money before we actually get it on players of the correct quality to compete in this division

2. Where we are now - more wins but less crowds due to who we are playing, but people may well come to watch a winning team in this division rather than one getting beat on a regular basis. Also think that this division for another year will make our younger players better rather than exposing them to some serious stuff if we had gone up

Very good post although with the number of teams relegated it is going to be a lot more difficult to get out of that League next season.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shades,

I always thought this season was frying pan to fire whatever the outcome, go up and tough tough opposition but decent crowds BUT probably difficult to sign the quality as chances of win bonus would be poor UNLESS by some miracle we 'found' enough cash to have signed some big names or some good class Aussies/PNG.

Stay in Champ 1 with actually less wins than this season due to strength of teams coming down plus Gateshead improvement, likely with lower crowds and some long away trips again hence attracting players of the right quality will be really difficult.

Not sure what the answer is without money.

andypk.gif

Shades,

I always thought this season was frying pan to fire whatever the outcome, go up and tough tough opposition but decent crowds BUT probably difficult to sign the quality as chances of win bonus would be poor UNLESS by some miracle we 'found' enough cash to have signed some big names or some good class Aussies/PNG.

Stay in Champ 1 with actually less wins than this season due to strength of teams coming down plus Gateshead improvement, likely with lower crowds and some long away trips again hence attracting players of the right quality will be really difficult.

Not sure what the answer is without money.

Can't argue with any of that Andy, hope we get the coach sorted soon, quickly followed by getting players sorted, personally I would settle for finish in top 5 play off places (if that's still the case) next year

Us fans certainly need some positive news after the last 2 weeks & think it will really hit home watching the tv at 4pm this Sunday

Can't argue with any of that Andy, hope we get the coach sorted soon, quickly followed by getting players sorted, personally I would settle for finish in top 5 play off places (if that's still the case) next year

Us fans certainly need some positive news after the last 2 weeks & think it will really hit home watching the tv at 4pm this Sunday

I think we'll be even more fed up come Monday, depending on who goes up.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

The main concern for me is what kind of players the club can now attract.  Less money , little or no income from gates next year and a coach who will struggle to get quality players as he has limited experience in working with the desired calibre of player (does he have relationships with the relevant contacts in the game).    An almighty struggle ahead i fear

The main concern for me is what kind of players the club can now attract.  Less money , little or no income from gates next year and a coach who will struggle to get quality players as he has limited experience in working with the desired calibre of player (does he have relationships with the relevant contacts in the game).    An almighty struggle ahead i fear

Don't panic - if it is Fordy, he's Wakefield based I think & works at Wakefield College so (apart from having plenty of time on his hands !!) is in a strong RL area & will have loads of contacts having played for plenty of clubs previously and will know loads of people still playing the game

Don't panic - if it is Fordy, he's Wakefield based I think & works at Wakefield College so (apart from having plenty of time on his hands !!) is in a strong RL area & will have loads of contacts having played for plenty of clubs previously and will know loads of people still playing the game

Sounds like we will find out tomorrow

Fantastic news getting Jack back on and very surprised he's not gone elsewhere, Mr consistent and 110% every game, love to see him running hard and some of the tackles he makes are bone shuddering.

Aldous, Roche and Applegarth, that's the makings of a very good pack at CC1level.

Having watched a superb Leigh team take apart a very strong Fev I am starting to think are we better off where we are, unless we coud find an influx of cash there's no way we'd compete with the top 4 let alone the rest in the Championship. The gap in pace and power between the two finals was a mile wide.

Interested to see who our half back pairing are next year, still think we weren't consistent enough there all season.

andypk.gif

Good signing, glad to see him back, bags of pace and power. Understand that another new back line face will be with us too after putting pen to paper a few days back who's also quick and been through the SL system.

Things look good, what with the names in hearing that have resigned or are close to doing, it all looks very promising.

"Don't Waste Words, Jump to Conclusions"

Millican Dalton...1867-1947

It's good to see that the first names for next season are experienced guys, that should inspire a few doubters that the season wont be doom and gloom. Nev Morrison is a welcome addition in my opinion. I'm feeling happy that we'll be a competitive outfit in this league and much prefer that to looking up the league table at the others , which could well have been the outcome of promotion. Think if the team spirirt is what we were led to believe then the majority of the team should stick together. I got the impression they were enjoying the game and playing for each other , hopefully that ethic will outweigh possible better financial offers. It is a sport and to be enjoyed by the players after all. Am keeping my fingers crossed that the hard work and team building of the past year isn't a waste. That said , as some leave it looks like new guys are coming in and I reckon our coaches know who will fit in and complement what they already have. Need to have a strong half back pairing so I'm looking forward to seeing who will guide us around the pitch. Am glad the squad is being released now , makes checking the forum each day that bit more exciting.  

I spoke to the club yesterday there will be a VP package same price as last year (£350) but the details have not yet been finalised, but it will include a meal on match days.

I also belive the package to sponsor a player this year is £480 for anyone feeling generous enough to support the club in this way

what is it with the RFL. a 12 team league 1 and still no automatic promotion. i still don't see how a team that finishes top of the league after playing everyone home and away, should have to play off against anyone.

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

The bunch of idiots that run this great game of ours, never cease to amaze me. What could be more simple than every team playing each other home and away and the winners promoted!

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

Archived