Elite 2

audois

ILLE XIII (2nd) play Carpentras (3nd) this afternoon. Battle from the Catalans and the Provence. ILLE have been top team over the last few seasons - and have turned promotion  down

At the moment Villefranche from the Aveyron area north of Albi are top - and  might like the idea of promotion I imagine. Them and Carpentras were in Elite 1 ages ago.

Edited by audois
  • Like 4

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

16 minutes ago, audois said:

ILLE XIII (2nd) play Carpentras (3nd) this afternoon. Battle from the Catalans and the Provence. ILLE have been top team over the last few seasons - and have turned promotion  down

At the moment Villefranche from the Aveyron area north of Albi are top - and  might like the idea of promotion I imagine. Them and Carpentras were in Elite 1 ages ago.

I played for Carpentras in Elite 1 just over 20 years ago. Lovely part of the world 

• Like 3

ILLE XIII  31-26 Carpentras this afternoon

Interest that the home side had Audric Le Cam playing for them - I saw him playing for the Dragons reserve team at Carcassonne the other week

Edited by audois

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

26 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

It needed a World Cup but that didn’t end well after French politics reared their head again.

We battle on in France everyone is gutted that it happened not more so than those who threw some money at it on an independent basis.

The international game is crying out for leadership after the RLWC/2021 car crash which has been totally swept under the carpet and France 2025

Edited by ATLANTISMAN
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

We battle on in France everyone is gutted that it happened not more so than those who threw some money at it on an independent basis.

The international game is crying out for leadership after the RLWC/2021 car crash which has been totally swept under the carpet and France 2025

Let’s hope this new guy at TO generates some sway.

15 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

Just seen the highlights of the Esteve v Albi game on YT.  

Don’t know the age profile of the Esteve team but they got a hammering in both halves.  Cats coaching team won’t be happy with that display.

Wasn't pretty Albi though are my tip for this season can only see Carcassonne stopping them 

Paul 

I forgot that Ille XIII club or a back-up for the Dragons reservers - thats why young Le Cam was playing there I think

If Carpentras finish in the 1st/2nd place along  with Villefranche - it could see them back in Elite 1 two decades later!

• Like 1

On 27/11/2023 at 12:09, Eddie said:

Is there much rivalry between them and Avignon? 

It was one of the big derbies in the past - biggest crowd of the season for both clubs, often a lot of punch-ups. I remember Patrick Entat talking about the Hull derby and saying it reminded him of home. Lots of players who had played for the other club, or who had family members who did. With Carpentras being out of Elite 1 for much of the last 20 years, that rivalry has gone.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, audois said:

I forgot that Ille XIII club or a back-up for the Dragons reservers - thats why young Le Cam was playing there I think

If Carpentras finish in the 1st/2nd place along  with Villefranche - it could see them back in Elite 1 two decades later!

Is the will there to go to 11/12 teams and do you think Carpentras would be willing to go up?