Away Shirt

Hate the rec

Surprise, surprise, that bitter and twisted prat BillyBoy is having another dig at Town in the Haven Fanzine about the top...... he was expecting Cherry and White!!!

Yeh he said he wouldn't be seen dead in it............shame really, as we would have loved to see that . ;)

Well it was just what Tom Mitchell told me as a kid, pink, orange, black , or cbg ;)  it matters not , it is what is in it that counts!!

Maybe Keith can tell us ?

Sorry, Hate the Rec, I can't help you.    I have always believed that our first strip was the red and green stripes and then we went to all blue with a white collar.   You may be correct though as you say it's what's inside the shirt that counts.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Sorry, Hate the Rec, I can't help you.    I have always believed that our first strip was the red and green stripes and then we went to all blue with a white collar.   You may be correct though as you say it's what's inside the shirt that counts.

Thanks for your help Keith, I have asked a few older supporters and its a mixed response, some thought  it was tangerine in colour and some saying red and green, doesnt really matter but its got a few talking and telling me about Town and the good old days which I love to hear.

Correct Keith! On wikipedia about Towns history we played our first home match against Broughton Rangers on 25th August 1945 wearing Green and Red hoops! Town won 27-5 and the gate was 4100.

Archived