Training 2night

troutmaster

Not a lot to speak of tonights training,although phil had the lads going through a lot of different patterns of play.It looks like we have two players vying for the fullback position,and suprise,suprise,it was jack murphy and young tee,i have to say the back division is looking very sharp and hopefully will suprise a lot of teams,the big lads take care of themselves, and, with the input of two more big lads to come in on possibly friday, it looks has though we are going to have a very,very,big pack of forwards.I just want to give a moment for steve scholey,the lad has trained with town for over 6 weeks, and, i know he is relishing the chance to make his mark against whitehaven on sunday,he has never put a foot wrong and he has done all the training that has been asked of him,but i personally worry about his size,but there again,les boyd the aussie prop felt no inhibitions about his size,infact the bigger the better for les,but i cannot put steve in that category along with les boyd.Talking to karl olstrum,he was not training due to a slight injury picked up from last saturday,but he is determined to play against the haven,and is looking for bringing the trophy back to DP where it belongs.So roll on thursday at DP,and looking to what phil has in store for his team,and, going by the way the lads are performing in training,he will not accept anything less than a win for the start of the new season.Lets hope we have a good turnout on sunday for the match,and a good win for the town,and then bring on wigan and beating them to haha.

Not a lot to speak of tonights training,although phil had the lads going through a lot of different patterns of play.It looks like we have two players vying for the fullback position,and suprise,suprise,it was jack murphy and young tee,i have to say the back division is looking very sharp and hopefully will suprise a lot of teams,the big lads take care of themselves, and, with the input of two more big lads to come in on possibly friday, it looks has though we are going to have a very,very,big pack of forwards.I just want to give a moment for steve scholey,the lad has trained with town for over 6 weeks, and, i know he is relishing the chance to make his mark against whitehaven on sunday,he has never put a foot wrong and he has done all the training that has been asked of him,but i personally worry about his size,but there again,les boyd the aussie prop felt no inhibitions about his size,infact the bigger the better for les,but i cannot put steve in that category along with les boyd.Talking to karl olstrum,he was not training due to a slight injury picked up from last saturday,but he is determined to play against the haven,and is looking for bringing the trophy back to DP where it belongs.So roll on thursday at DP,and looking to what phil has in store for his team,and, going by the way the lads are performing in training,he will not accept anything less than a win for the start of the new season.Lets hope we have a good turnout on sunday for the match,and a good win for the town,and then bring on wigan and beating them to haha.

is forrester not training at full back trouty?

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

I'd imagine he'd play wing in the absence of Miller.

No wonkey,young sam was on the wing but it does not say he will be when the game starts,nor for that matter will be young tee.

Always a good read!

Surf dudes with attitudes, (Kinda groovy), Laid back moods. Sky above, sand below (Good vibrations), Feelin' mellow. Won't give it up, Don't wanna stop....Don't wake me up, Don't wake me up if I'm dreamin', California dreams, Just let me lay here in the sun, Until my dream is done

No wonkey,young sam was on the wing but it does not say he will be when the game starts,nor for that matter will be young tee.

cheers mate, is ell back full training yet? I heard he was hoping to get a run out vs wigan.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

cheers mate, is ell back full training yet? I heard he was hoping to get a run out vs wigan.

yes,but only light weight stuff to start.Unfortunatly he will not make the wigan game wonkey, but he is running and that is good for a start,i would say it will be 3 to 4 weeks to get back upto full fitness,but missing his pre season it might be a little later. :bye:  :bye: :bye:  

I 'd say it is swings and roundabouts for Fullback Cover between Forrester and Ritson as both are equal to the task , Workington are well blessed in that position and they will both be needed to cover Elliot until he is fully match fit too .. the backs are looking fine .

Archived