Training 2night

troutmaster

Hi,another cold night at training.There was another good turn out from the lads,but there was a little bit of excitement from the players,as were waiting for our friends from aussie turning up,and so they did,latu was first onto the pitch and you could not miss him,not for his size,and let me tell he is a big boy,The one shining light were his track boots,they were the brightest yellow you have ever seen.He set off doing some light work due to a slight ankle problem he encountered on the flight over,but within a few minutes he was up and running and the class of the guy with his ball skills and handling came to light, and i think all the players could see he was going to be a big asset to our club.I had the pleasure of a little chat with Kurt horton,and he was looking forward to meeting the guys,and, getting on the park to show what he has to offer,and by the way he went in training he looks a cracking player for us.I had a chat to a good friend who was with me,he told me that Kurt would be available for the first game,i said to him that the haven game would count has one friendly,but the wigan game would count has 1 game,but he said that he had one game in aussie which will count,so,we might see Kurt playing at Batley.On the injury side,big Tom was missing but i think he will play in the Wigan game,Elliot was having treatment at home but i expect him to be at Derwent park on thursday.Training tonight consisted of ball work, and new tactics, but they went through them very well.All in all,the new boys went great with their new team mates,and very well in their first training session,and i think all town fans old and new will see a different team this year,and i for one cannot wait.

Nice one Trouty, I can go to bed now , been waiting up for your updates marra, cant wait to see the new boys in the blue and white, really looking forward to sunday. I heard that the young Cumbria lads could be playing for Wigan this week, Doran, Moore and Lawrence be good to see how our young guns do against them, shop window and all that ;)

Nice one Trouty, I can go to bed now , been waiting up for your updates marra, cant wait to see the new boys in the blue and white, really looking forward to sunday. I heard that the young Cumbria lads could be playing for Wigan this week, Doran, Moore and Lawrence be good to see how our young guns do against them, shop window and all that ;)

I can see jaimie doran maybe coming on loan,and of course big ryan sutton also.It will be interesting to see who phil wants to come in on loan,but them two would do for me.

I always thought that it didn't matter how many friendly games we played, it would only wipe 1 game of any ban.

It would appear that the Operational Rules this year allow two Friendly Games to count - D2:28 d. Therefore good news for Town!

Wonder what wigan will bring ? RLE says wigan reserves , but both sides have said that's not so . I know they play on Thursday.

Bad weather forecast for Thursday, Do you think we will see their full first team on Sunday if it's off ?

Who ever Wigan bring up it will be a good test for Town. Really looking forward to it.

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

Interesting reading Wane's comments after saints game ... Guess Who ? .... " he's done good things in the games he played , he's quality , I like him . I like what he does . He's aggressive in defensive and holds a good line , he's impressed me "

Correct, December '92.

Without Googling can you name the Wigan team? I'm fairly sure Botica, Offiah, BJ Mather played and probably Edwards, Betts, Clarke, Skerrett, Platt, Dermott, Bell, Panapa.

I've answered my own question! Missing a winger and a standoff.

I'm sure I can remember Jason Robinson making his Wigan debut in that game.

Archived