Hull KR 1983 signature - who is this?

One for the TotalRL sleuths...

I've got a ball signed by the 1983 Widnes and Hull KR teams that I'm about to eBay.

There's one signature on the Rovers side that I'm not sure of - the surname looks like it might be Fairbairn but the first letter of the forename doesn't look much like a 'G'.

Can any HKR autograph hunters of the 1980s confirm please if this is George Fairbairn?

w0q0ly.jpg

Try the process of elimination. Who isn't it?

George FAIRBAIRN     Wing 2. Garry CLARK     Centre 3. David HALL     Centre 4. Ian ROBINSON     Wing 5. Peter MUSCROFT       Five-Eighth 6. Steve HARTLEY     Halfback 7. Gordon SMITH       Front Row 8. John MILLINGTON     Hooker 9. David WATKINSON     Front Row 10. Steve CROOKS     Second Row 11. Len CASEY     Second Row 12. Chris BURTON     Lock 13. Gary PROHM

Try the process of elimination. Who isn't it?

George FAIRBAIRN     Wing 2. Garry CLARK     Centre 3. David HALL     Centre 4. Ian ROBINSON     Wing 5. Peter MUSCROFT       Five-Eighth 6. Steve HARTLEY     Halfback 7. Gordon SMITH       Front Row 8. John MILLINGTON     Hooker 9. David WATKINSON     Front Row 10. Steve CROOKS     Second Row 11. Len CASEY     Second Row 12. Chris BURTON     Lock 13. Gary PROHM

What game is that from please Farmduck?

Judging by the names in the Widnes team, I suspect that the Hull KR line-up I'm looking for was the Premiership semi at Craven Park on 30 April 1983, a televised game in which Tony Myler scored a hat-trick.

I'll pop in The Mill and ask George if it's his if you are struggling!

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

I'll pop in The Mill and ask George if it's his if you are struggling!

I hope you haven't set off, mate. George doesn't run it anymore.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

I hope you haven't set off, mate. George doesn't run it anymore.

Ah! I do try and remain clear of East Hull pubs, hence my error!

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

Archived