Future ?

David

My friend and I are in our early 70s and my friend has been a staunch follower of York for more years than I have We never miss home games and go to most away games. We have both been vice presidents in the past but are now season ticket holders paying £10 a month into Squadbuider. We have enjoyed a lovely meal tonight and a few drinks and we wonder if it will be in the best interests of the club if we go to Featherstone on Friday night. We support the players to a man but wonder if our attendance will just perpetuate Mr Guildford's tenure or our absence with some more supporters will hasten his decline.

Having supported york since the 1970's, going with my dad to clarence street is one of the loveliest memories of my childhood, then the move to ryedale stadium, name changes followed but the love for your team never wanes......i was there when gary hall called the meeting at huntington when we were due to fold, i was stood near leo epifania as he felt speechless really as to what was going on....i was there when we were reborn as the knights when we played hull kr if i recall in front of a packed house.......and this season was the season i was to start bringing my own sons...... continue the legacy as it were.... As things stand we are all season ticket holders...... can my boys go to featherstone, not really, its too late for them to return, am i annoyed, for sure ....will i stop loving York Rugby League ?? never.... my mates dont get it, my wife thinks its pointless but i love the club, and i hope my boys will too.......so i will be there on friday even if my boys wont.....ill be there if we are at clifton park again and i will be there wherever is viable to get to cos i love york rugby....... to me for what its worth those players on friday will be putting their necks on the line for our team.....to me that means something special no matter whats happening or not happening elsewhere.....ive not posted to implore anyone to react or do anything, just wanted to say I LOVE YORK RUGBY LEAGUE TEAM.....whatever their name, wherever they are, whoever is custodian......york and proud.

I've just merged the 2 topics as I think the post from HeworthKnight answers David's question.

In my opinion, if you can go and you want to see a game of rugby you should, the players and coaches don't deserve all this. If you've already bought a season ticket and aren't going to ask for a refund, you may as well get your money's worth. The players are playing a superb style of rugby, there's a lot of local lads, what's not to like about the playing side of things?

I personally would love to go, but I've already given close to £1000 in sponsorship this season (an ad board at Bootham Crescent, programme advert & player sponsor - I've had none of those, no refund either despite asking via a solicitor and the RFL), only to be basically told to f*** off by John Guildford as I don't agree with how the club is run, as has anyone else who disagrees with him - including one of the new directors who has since resigned.

I simply cannot allow myself to give another penny to his club by paying £15 to get into a ground we shouldn't even be playing at.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

I have decided that I will go on Friday night, I had made a decision that after being abused by Guilldford and his directors at Clifton Park that I would no longer support the Knights until Guildford and his fellow directors resigned and the club was in the hands of people with honour, integrity and business acumen.
However, why should they stop me enjoying watching the club I fought so hard to save and re-establish. I am NOT supporting the Guildford regime.
I am supporting York RL as I have done for 53 years. I will continue to raise money with the rest of the KISS commitee for the benefit of the players and coaching staff.

I have decided that I will go on Friday night, I had made a decision that after being abused by Guilldford and his directors at Clifton Park that I would no longer support the Knights until Guildford and his fellow directors resigned and the club was in the hands of people with honour, integrity and business acumen.

However, why should they stop me enjoying watching the club I fought so hard to save and re-establish. I am NOT supporting the Guildford regime.

I am supporting York RL as I have done for 53 years. I will continue to raise money with the rest of the KISS commitee for the benefit of the players and coaching staff.

That's very good to hear

Jack stearman rang me up tonight offering free transport to fev. I told him absolutely not unless they are going to pay for my time off work!

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

Archived