middle 8

It amazes me how people seem to automatically think that if a club has more to spend then automatically they will be much stronger and better team. 

The difference in salary caps spends between the divisions and the difference in strength of the teams is proof positive you have that badly wrong.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. But how are they going to fix it ?

2. There's no way they would lower the SL cap as some clubs now actually are pushing for it to be increased.

3. If they want to raise the championship cap then there's a real danger that it will just become a 4-5 team league with only a handful of teams able to spend an increased cap, thus making a completely uneven championship.

1. Allow CC clubs competing for SL to spend the same

2. No question of lowering the salary cap

3. Where have you been this last half dozen years? The championship has been the archetypal 4 club league year on year?

Nobody has given a monkeys for RL outside Superleague, If the game wants superleague to be desired by rich men then let them spend it on their local club, if it goes bust as a result,which is a criticism they can just go and play with all the others who went pop. I don't see why small clubs have to be somehow saved from their ambitions. In any case it's hard to overspend if you can't borrow, and easy to spend spend spend if you have a rich man. Let Green or Beaumont spend SL cap, Koukash and Davey can at their little clubs?

Superleague is everything, no superleague no game, and if the game wants to press the lower SL clubs and make them compete, and give chances to new clubs they should allow them to spend full SL cap?? In not doing so ambition is trapped, and you'll see that with Toulouse.

There are upsides and downsides to everything, but in this case as long as the upside benefits SL and the downside has no effect on SL that will be very good for the game.

rather than the middle 8's i think it would have been a better idea for wakefield to play leigh in a two leg game to decide who goes up and who goes down thus stopping the weekly thrashings handed out to some teams in the middle 8's

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

rather than the middle 8's i think it would have been a better idea for wakefield to play leigh in a two leg game to decide who goes up and who goes down thus stopping the weekly thrashings handed out to some teams in the middle 8's

I assume SL and the Super 8's have no "thrashings"

I assume SL and the Super 8's have no "thrashings"

And, obviously, the NRL v Superleague Clubs Tournament never did either.

I think Sheffield and Halifax fans won't mind getting well beaten, as expected, if they at least get some Superleague action for home fans. The Bulls fans were expecting better from their team, but appreciate the opportunity to see quality RL in action.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Not that many ' thrashings ' in RL terms so far

Archived