EU Referendum

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, have I missed it or is there a "plan" from the outers on what we'd do if we actually did vote to leave the EU?  Where do they expect the multiple billions in de-merger costs to come from?  What about our dealings with the world at large?  One point is that the US have specifically said that they don't do deals with individual countries and they're not minded to do one with us.  Our much vaunted car manufacturing industry's two main export markets are the EU and the US, France and Germany would get chubbies just at the thought of being able to impose even more protectionism on their car markets.  Then where would the NHS get many of its new doctors and nurses if the free movement of labour stops from the EU?

I just can't see any argument at all for voting "out", not one sensible argument at all.  I'm supporting Dave on this one.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

I think its a risk by Boris.  He wants to be PM, so campaigning for brexit must be a big risk?  If we vote for staying will that hamper his tory leader bid?

Assessment I've just read: if Brexit wins he's the obvious next PM, if Brexit loses he'll be beloved by enough of the party to replace the unpopular and divisive Call Me Dave.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Assessment I've just read: if Brexit wins he's the obvious next PM, if Brexit loses he'll be beloved by enough of the party to replace the unpopular and divisive Call Me Dave.

I suppose if Osborne is seen as his big rival, and Osborne is for staying in, then its a good way to put clear air between them?

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

So, have I missed it or is there a "plan" from the outers on what we'd do if we actually did vote to leave the EU?  Where do they expect the multiple billions in de-merger costs to come from?  What about our dealings with the world at large?  One point is that the US have specifically said that they don't do deals with individual countries and they're not minded to do one with us.  Our much vaunted car manufacturing industry's two main export markets are the EU and the US, France and Germany would get chubbies just at the thought of being able to impose even more protectionism on their car markets.  Then where would the NHS get many of its new doctors and nurses if the free movement of labour stops from the EU?

I just can't see any argument at all for voting "out", not one sensible argument at all.  I'm supporting Dave on this one.

I think countries would do trade deals with us, we do have value.  However, I doubt these deals will be greatly in our favour, I mean the USA (etc) will know they have the upper hand?  We need the deal more than them?

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

User Actions

This is what you get with one party politics: the country's future reduced to uni chums arguing with each other.

Archived