Ladbrokes' RL Cup Rnd 6 Oldham Roughyeds v Warrington Wolves 7 May 3pm

Who will win?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Oldham
    • Warrington
    • Draw

Yep. From BBC:

Oldham coach Scott Naylor: "Tony [smith] came into the dressing room and gave them compliments on some of the structures that they had and a lot of the things that they do.

"He said he didn't want them to lose confidence in the Championship and to take today's defeat in the right way.

"Just for him to come into the changing rooms was amazing because when he left and closed the door, you could see from the look on some of my lads faces that they were in awe."

Smith gets stick on here from time to time but I think he is consistentky a real sportsman and fine ambassador for our club.

He does get a bit of stick sometime, but who in RL doesn't? He has also spoken out and been controversial on a few occasions, but he's a top-level coach, and under pressures that are very different to those that fans experience.

Overall, though, he seems a good-humoured and mostly positive person. What he did today was classy.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived