2016 NRL Match Thread - Round 20

A rough night for the Dogs! All those repeat sets just took their power away. . 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the match reports and updates. Being away from things makes me appreciate the thread. There's a flavour and pattern of the game not just the score. Thanks again.

Yes it is so much better than looking at www.flashscores.com ;)

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Broncos: 

1 Darius Boyd
2 Corey Oates
11 Alex Glenn
4 James Roberts
5 Lachlan Maranta
6 Anthony Milford
7 Ben Hunt
8 Josh McGuire
9 Andrew McCullough
10 Adam Blair
14 Jarrod Wallace
12 Sam Thaiday
13 Corey Parker

Interchange: 

3 Tom Opacic
15 Tevita Pangai Junior
16 Jai Arrow
18 Joe Ofahengaue

Panthers: 

1 Matt Moylan
2 Josh Mansour
3 Waqa Blake
4 Tyrone Peachey
5 Dallin Watene Zelezniak
6 Bryce Cartwright
7 Nathan Cleary
8 Leilani Latu
9 Peter Wallace
14 Suaia Matagi
11 Isaah Yeo
12 James Fisher-Harris
13 Trent Merrin

Interchange:

15 Sitaleki Akauola
16 Chris Grevsmuhl
18 Zak Hardaker
20 Moses Leota

Broncos will probably win this.

For the poor sods like me who will suffer through the C9 broadcast, here's a bingo card...

You may blame a boring friday afternoon for that. ;)

post-41804-0-97002500-1469178100_thumb.png

Up, up Cronulla; The boys in the black, white and blue; Up, up Cronulla; Name of the Sharks fits you; Sharks, Sharks forever; Go out and play without fear; Now's the time to see good football*; For the Sharks are here!

* Subject to change

Currently playing: Gorbachev: The Fall of Communism & Swing States 2012

Will Hardaker get some playing time this week?

Up, up Cronulla; The boys in the black, white and blue; Up, up Cronulla; Name of the Sharks fits you; Sharks, Sharks forever; Go out and play without fear; Now's the time to see good football*; For the Sharks are here!

* Subject to change

6-0 Panthers after 9mn. 98 meter try from Blake after he'd blown a golden opportunity a couple of sets before.

And the ref refers it to the bunker although he'd been happy with everything in the leadup (namely the potential knock on)

* Subject to change

9min: Waqa Blake try - length of field after possible knock-on, a couple of minutes after he blew another try chance at the other end.

Crowd has commenced singing the Qld National Anthem:

Bull-sh#$

Bull-sh#@

Panthers 6-0

And the Panthers score.

* Subject to change

10-0 kick to come

* Subject to change

12-0 after 15 min

Panthers with a great start.

* Subject to change

13min: Leilani Latu try. Grounded by Josh McGuire, it looked like. Cleary converts 12-0

If McGuire hadn't had his hand on the ball I think Latu would have dropped it.

What's wrong with Johns? He can't say properly the name of Watene-Zelezniak. I've noticed that plenty of times before too.

* Subject to change

You're on fire tonight. :D

Broncos playing badly so far. A lot of dropped balls.

Grub McGuire penalized for a cheap shot on Mansour.

* Subject to change

You're on fire tonight. :D

I considered saying it was exacerbated by his parents coming from Warrington but I guess "genetic" covers that.

BTW, where are you from Vichy?

Will Hardaker get some playing time this week?

He's on, with Blake having to go off for a concussion check.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I considered saying it was exacerbated by his parents coming from Warrington but I guess "genetic" covers that.

BTW, where are you from Vichy?

French living in Japan... and Cronulla tragic since the Super League days.

Can't say it's always easy... win wise.

* Subject to change

Assistant ref also had to be interchanged with a leg injury.

Next up in line, Lockyer. That should help the Broncos.

* Subject to change

Hunt's drop out doesn't go the 10 meters. Penrith to take the 2.

14-0 Penrith.

* Subject to change

Archived