2016 NRL Match Thread - Round 21 - Retro Round

I tipped the Horsies and my lack of confidence is being rewarded.

They're playing the Roosters... Anything can happen.

Up, up Cronulla; The boys in the black, white and blue; Up, up Cronulla; Name of the Sharks fits you; Sharks, Sharks forever; Go out and play without fear; Now's the time to see good football*; For the Sharks are here!

* Subject to change

Currently playing: Gorbachev: The Fall of Communism & Swing States 2012

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn! Is that a try? It's Harlem Globe Trotters stuff.

Up, up Cronulla; The boys in the black, white and blue; Up, up Cronulla; Name of the Sharks fits you; Sharks, Sharks forever; Go out and play without fear; Now's the time to see good football*; For the Sharks are here!

* Subject to change

Roosters score an incredible try. 20-6 after 48 minutes

* Subject to change

Damn! Is that a try? It's Harlem Globe Trotters stuff.

Worth watching again. And again. Thanks, bunker!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Mitchell misses the conversion of the SKD try. Score unchanged

* Subject to change

Boyd just passed the ball right into Roberts melon :D

* Subject to change

Gus right on cue as usual. Says that Broncos don't look like scoring and bang a minute later they score in the corner.

Edit: I gotta admit I was thinking the same thing... Still, he's supposed to be the expert ;)

* Subject to change

Parker misses the conversion of the Opacic try.

Roosters 22 lead Broncos 10 with 56 minutes gone.

* Subject to change

Connor Watson is out with some leg injury (ankle?).

* Subject to change

Cordner scores at the 62nd minute to take the Roosters lead to 16 points.

26 - 12 kick to come.

* Subject to change

Mitchell who's kicking accuracy is below 30% misses the conversion.

26 - 12 unchanged

* Subject to change

Copley with a double with 13 minutes remaining.

30 - 10

The Broncos are gone.

* Subject to change

Converted by Taukeiaho. 32 - 10

* Subject to change

Boyd in after 72 minutes. It'll help the Broncos +/-

32 - 16

* Subject to change

Broncos try. Could the unthinkable happen?

Edit: The bunker disallows it. Double movement. I didn't think the ball carrying arm touched the ground here. Well, upon viewing the footage again, maybe it did. It looked good initially though.

* Subject to change

Broncos try. Could the unthinkable happen?

Nope.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Nope.

Indeed. Although it was quite unthinkable actually. Corey Parker's "F*ck me" reaction as he saw the decision on the screen was priceless.

* Subject to change

End of the game. Roosters beat Broncos 32 - 16

* Subject to change

Amazingly in the pre-game show, Gasnier tipped the Chooks by 16.

He's on top of his game at the moment. He finally managed to tip the Sharks against Newcastle last week.

* Subject to change

Where to for the Broncos at this point of the season?

The top 4 is probably out of reach given how they're playing. Could they miss the 8?

* Subject to change

Archived