Don't want to stay up by default...........

Therein73

8 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Yes, as you keep saying Nick. However, there can be no changes made to the Championship without the say so of the SL clubs. As I am sure you know they had a meeting last week at which it was decided not to make any changes until after the end of the season, and the RFL have consistently said that there will be two clubs going down from the Championship this season. All the press talk about, of course, is how SL might be changed, or not, with very little attention paid to the effect that any such changes could have on the rest of the leagues.

I'm sorry BSJ.  I know my childish behaviour can be annoying but having a mental age of 8 means that should we end up with no relegation then I want to be able to say I was there first and clearly there are some on here who will be very quick to try and take that honour from me.  

I promise not to mention it again, not least since as ever your points are well made.

If Bradford were safe I'm sure I'd be much more reticent but their presence down there at the foot gives me great hope that we can escape via the back door should it prove necessary. 

2 hours ago, NickD said:

I'm sorry BSJ.  I know my childish behaviour can be annoying but having a mental age of 8 means that should we end up with no relegation then I want to be able to say I was there first and clearly there are some on here who will be very quick to try and take that honour from me.  

I promise not to mention it again, not least since as ever your points are well made.

If Bradford were safe I'm sure I'd be much more reticent but their presence down there at the foot gives me great hope that we can escape via the back door should it prove necessary. 

Don't make promises on forum Nick. I enjoy your bold optimism in the face of adversity, although you do seem to have stolen my mantle of gloom, which return I may insist upon.

As I have said elsewhere, what do I know, or anyone else for that matter? I do think that the RFL get more stick than they deserve, especially from self-serving club chairmen, but that doesn't mean that I trust them.

I do have faith that we will get ourselves out of this predicament with a few more good performances, which might make the decisions of the RFL moot from our point of view. Someone else might suffer from any whimsical decision making however.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 2017-6-19 at 0:06 AM, andyram said:

Back to the topic, they might be a life line for Bulls and us for that matter.There's a meeting/vote next week with clubs about which way Championship clubs will go.

Rumors flying around about having 14 teams in  the Championship is a real possibility.

More rumours on the terraces yesterday that Bradford have told some of their players to find new clubs for next season. Probably tittle-tattle but it must have started somewhere.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived