London v Bulldogs - early bird prices

redditchbulldog

1 minute ago, distantdog said:

l can. We never do well in London, and even when we were on a high last season we took a worse beating than today. Other than today, we have been in a decent run of form. We should at least expect to get to the final!!

Remember points are carried over into final eights, so we are well set to qualify for the 'semi finals'- seven points clear of Rochdale in fifth position and if we beat Sheffield at home we should get a home semi final

21 minutes ago, distantdog said:

l can. We never do well in London, and even when we were on a high last season we took a worse beating than today. Other than today, we have been in a decent run of form. We should at least expect to get to the final!!

You tell em mate , it's written in the stars Batley v Dewsbury semi

IMG_0583.JPG

1 hour ago, distantdog said:

We should at least expect to get to the final!!

You reckon DD! I think we'll get to the semis and blow it. I didn't expect nothing from London tbh but they had nowt to play for either and thrashed us! 

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

made too many errors early on in 2nd half which they capitalized on and were then always on the back foot, first half we competed with them even though was 18 nil as we had chances to score but Londons defence was immense all game and they did us wide on that wide pitch and Brambrani limped off in 2nd half

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

Just now, Piggy's mate said:

You reckon DD! I think we'll get to the semis and blow it. I didn't expect nothing from London tbh but they had nowt to play for either and thrashed us! 

they didn't but put out what looked like their strongest side. We didn't!

• 1 month later...

Sorry to dredge this one up so late. I was at the match as a Batley born, living in exile in West London. I took my wife and daughter, and, despite the thrashing, and their prior lack of knowledge of the beautiful game (my wife at least - daughter is a sports fanatic, so had a good understanding), had a lovely day out at a decent venue in Ealing. Impressed too at the Batley turn-out. The main reason for us being there was that my dad was a lifelong supporter of the gallant youths and he passed away almost exactly a year to the day prior to this match. 

My dad, John Riley, was well-known in West Yorkshire as a semi-pro footballer and cricketer. Forgive my self-indulgence, but I was curious to see if any fans on here knew him and had memories of him. He played for Goole Town, Worksop and Frickley Colliery (amongst others), having started locally for Brook Sports, and went on to manage Emley and Ossett Town. Cricket-wise, he spent most of his career in the CYL at Birstall and Thornhill.

Having enjoyed the day so much at the Trailfinder Stadium (despite the defeat) we returned last week for the epic Broncos - Warrington Super 8 tie, this time adding my son, my mum and my sister who all travelled to the match from further afield in honour of the sport which my dad loved so much.

Archived