Appeal to help reopen secret Liverpool WW2 bunker

Appeal to locate any possible living WRENs or WAAFs who worked in the secret Liverpool bunker central to the organisation of the waging of the Battle of the Atlantic, prior to its reopening as a tourist attraction.

http://www.clickliverpool.com/news/21280-big-heritage-launches-appeal-to-find-wrns-and-waafs-to-reopen-former-secret-liverpool-wwii-bunker/

7 hours ago, CanaBull said:

Appeal to locate any possible living WRENs or WAAFs who worked in the secret Liverpool bunker central to the organisation of the waging of the Battle of the Atlantic, prior to its reopening as a tourist attraction.

http://www.clickliverpool.com/news/21280-big-heritage-launches-appeal-to-find-wrns-and-waafs-to-reopen-former-secret-liverpool-wwii-bunker/

What with this, the Cavern Club and the Williamson tunnels, Liverpool seems to have quite a subterranean bent.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

15 hours ago, Futtocks said:

What with this, the Cavern Club and the Williamson tunnels, Liverpool seems to have quite a subterranean bent.

Not to mention the underground train station discovered under a scrapyard and the tunnels by the old bingo hall in dingle that are littered with cars from the 50's, its a dream come true for the urban explorer

6 hours ago, JDINTHEHIZZOUSE said:

Not to mention the underground train station discovered under a scrapyard and the tunnels by the old bingo hall in dingle that are littered with cars from the 50's, its a dream come true for the urban explorer

Discovered? I always thought it was a well known fact that there was a garage in the old Dingle station. What I didn't know was that the old cars were still in there! I have a house directly above the tunnel in South Hill Road. I need to find out if it's possible to go and have a look; always been fascinated with the Liverpool Overhead Railway.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

1 hour ago, Griff9of13 said:

Discovered? I always thought it was a well known fact that there was a garage in the old Dingle station. What I didn't know was that the old cars were still in there! I have a house directly above the tunnel in South Hill Road. I need to find out if it's possible to go and have a look; always been fascinated with the Liverpool Overhead Railway.

As far as I'm aware griff,the entrance is by the garage opposite the ancient chapel, I'm guessing a mile from your house?  Not sure about the train station, tom slemen claimed in the echo that it was for the use of local dignitaries during ww 2

9 hours ago, JDINTHEHIZZOUSE said:

As far as I'm aware griff,the entrance is by the garage opposite the ancient chapel, I'm guessing a mile from your house?  Not sure about the train station, tom slemen claimed in the echo that it was for the use of local dignitaries during ww 2

The station used to be on the site of the garage and was the southern terminal of the LOR. It's a couple of hundred yards from my house. More details here 

dingle_map2.gif

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Archived