Amateur RL websites

Is anybody else having trouble accessing amateur RL sites. When I type in National Conference League or NWML all I get is an advert for a solicitors! Recently I have had to go to the RFL official site to access these competitions but now, when I type in Rugby Football League, I can't even get on the official RFL site. Could be something I am doing wrong (I am a staunch Luddite) but it has always worked before. getting more and more disillusioned with Rugby League every month. I have a lot less involvement now than I have always had and I even prefer going to non league football sometimes these days.

43 minutes ago, Celtic Rooster said:

Thank you. I just used to type in NCL or NWML. Why would they want to make it so difficult? Thought the game was struggling to get people involved.

RFL run the websites now (Including the Pennine)

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Yeah, I noticed that Marauder last time I managed to get on their site. Very disappointing. The Pennine League site was excellent as well before the RFL got involved. If they could keep things up to date it wouldn't be too bad but they don't. I keep my own tables for NCL and NWML which I update every week. I just record all the other tables at the end of the season.

If you type 'NCL rugby' or 'NWML rugby' etc. it is the top result on Google. Just writing an acronym won't be too great as a lot of things could share that. 

I do agree that the websites are terrible though, hardly ever updated on time and after requesting our contact information be changed on numerous occasions it still hasn't been done. 

I am with Celtic Rooster on this and have struggled to access the Pennine site

It may well be on there, but I cant access club details and this is preventing me from attending matches

I live 100 miles away from any winter RL so need to be sure games are on. As a result I have only been to one game since deciding to give up going every week in July after a last minute cancellation

I am however working in Leeds on Saturday and have time to get to Wortley. However the hosts website is 2 years out of date and twitter many months.

I think they have a clubhouse so may be able to find a phone number but basically it is turn up and hope. Ok for when I am a few miles away but not for any other day/

will probably turn up and 1.30 but if off will have no choice but to go to soccer or RU

7 hours ago, groundhopper said:

It may well be on there, but I cant access club details and this is preventing me from attending matches

I live 100 miles away from any winter RL so need to be sure games are on. As a result I have only been to one game since deciding to give up going every week in July after a last minute cancellation

I am however working in Leeds on Saturday and have time to get to Wortley. However the hosts website is 2 years out of date and twitter many months.

I think they have a clubhouse so may be able to find a phone number but basically it is turn up and hope. Ok for when I am a few miles away but not for any other day/

will probably turn up and 1.30 but if off will have no choice but to go to soccer or RU

WORTLEY DRAGONS ARLFC

SECRETARY

Colin Copland – Mobile : 07702042717   Email@   colcopland@googlemail.com

ALTERNATIVE CONTACT 

Coach - Martin Grainey   Mobile :07422633544    Email : martingrainey@live.co.uk

HEADQUARTERS

Dragon Hotel, Whitehall Road, Wortley, Leeds, LS12 4TJ.

GROUND  New Wortley Recreation Ground –  LS12 4UA.

Directions  From A58 Whitehall Road turn onto Dragon Drive from ‘S’ bend next to Dragon Hotel.  Turn right at the top onto Dragon Road and then 2nd right.

Dressing Accommodation   At the ground

COLOURS   Blue with White Trim                       Alternative  Black

WEBSITE   www.wortleydragons.co.uk

11 hours ago, groundhopper said:

I would imagine someone  needs to update the clubs website/twitter . Probably the same person that marks the pitch , sets up on game day and knocks it all down again after the match , cleans the rubbish away etc etc . Its not just the lack of players that is leading to the slow death of amateur sport .

37 minutes ago, henage said:

I would imagine someone  needs to update the clubs website/twitter . Probably the same person that marks the pitch , sets up on game day and knocks it all down again after the match , cleans the rubbish away etc etc . Its not just the lack of players that is leading to the slow death of amateur sport .

Most teams that I know now use a facebook page instead of websites.

2 hours ago, groundhopper said:

Thanks Marauder

Assuming game on, you have saved me from Union

what was the source as I could not find this through the RFL site

For my sins I'm now the secretary of Moorends, I have the contact details of every Pennine club.

http://www.rugby-league.com/leagues__competitions/pennine_league

I run the Pennine side of the RFL website, I have very little control over it anymore, I can not add news or any stories. all I can do is edit fixtures. Even the tables are not correct as I can't alter point deductions on them. 3 months into the season now and it is still not working correctly. 

2 hours ago, neutralfan said:

MJB, Is it down to staff cuts at the RFL why the amateur RL websites are not working correctly or something else? 

I'd say it was down to not wanting the Pennine to become attractive to the clubs struggling for numbers in the summer, if you go through the RFL sites you'll notice the winter leagues are tucked away down at the bottom while all the rest are in alphabetical order.

Archived