2018 Fixtures

ojx

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, deluded pom? said:

You drinkum screech?

No un drinkum screech: must guzzlem then chokem down then holdum breath!  You must never 'ave drinkum screech before; you kissum cod?

3 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

image.jpeg

Okay I warned Ya!

Understand:  I personally selected the live tree, felled myself, stripped it , then squared with an adz.

Had an Old Order Mennonite friend help me hand saw the boards,then put it all together...this art form, although two dimensional, should attempt to be envisioned in three dimensions.   There are stories within stories here accordingly done to the old techniques....all correct and proper to the old ways/rules.  This is a traditional ceremonial mortuary board according to the Haida technique.

Quick things to look for:

Title: The Final Cull Of The Great Leeds Rhino  By The Toronto Wolfpack! (White Cedar/Pounded Copper)

Panel 1:  'Wolf Meet Leeds Rhino'; notice in Panel One the TWP timberwolf meeting the Leeds Rhino for the first time; FINALLY CONTACT!; ears are back;muzzle closed (do you see it DP?)-that is only the first depth there are 4 more but finer to the trained eye.

Panel 2:  Wolf Attacks The Rhino!; Notice the ears in attack (up/back; lunge is being made;notice teeth) many other things if you know what the symbols mean and their sequencing.

That me between the Panels...can you see what I'm doing?  Above and below me is my personal tag.

It took many hours to make and the whole time I envisioned the game of the TWP beating the Rhinos...it is important that this is done since it puts 'power and spirit' into the piece..I'm happy with it..

What do you think: 

Gotcha DP...Gotcha didn't I?

4 hours ago, John WP Fan said:

You really have to watch out for the no seeums...

4 hours ago, Krzzystuff said:

WTF is happening here? lol

IMG_0179.JPG

4 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

Glad I didn't heed your warning Kman. I wouldn't have got to see your artwork otherwise. 

The Great Leeds Rhino must fall!

It WILL be the Wolfpack that takes him down!

5 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

Glad I didn't heed your warning Kman. I wouldn't have got to see your artwork otherwise. 

You have to listen DP!;  I told you to really look...look again and study the nose in panel 1 then look at your moniker on this forum, do you see it DP?....thanks alot for helping to put the wolf onto the scent of the Leeds Rhino!

You looked but you didn't see!  Warned ya!

22 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Anyway whats wrong with Rugby League Football...got a nice ring to it methinks.

That's because the ball being put into play via the foot is what makes Rugby League one of the 5 types of football in the world, which therefore do not include brain damage ball, aka gridiron.

35 minutes ago, Big Picture said:

That's because the ball being put into play via the foot is what makes Rugby League one of the 5 types of football in the world, which therefore do not include brain damage ball, aka gridiron.

You got that right but the concept of League ever replacing football in the USA is really far fetched and a distant dream for the future....the CFL is an all together other story though....the growth should be on and in Canada to develop the game here in all the old traditional football markets with Halifax added in.....you are correct that the switch over would be easy for many Canadian football fans.....then the States incursion!  Remember the roads at the border crossings go two (2) ways.

Stick to your guns Big Picture and stay strong!

6 hours ago, Kayakman said:

You have to listen DP!;  I told you to really look...look again and study the nose in panel 1 then look at your moniker on this forum, do you see it DP?....thanks alot for helping to put the wolf onto the scent of the Leeds Rhino!

You looked but you didn't see!  Warned ya!

I feel guilty now Kman. I can't see what it is your trying to guide me to. 

rldfsignature.jpg

20 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

clearly its these two eagles DP...i have no idea either lol. i tried looking but to no avail. let us know Kman or we will scare Wiarton Willy in the spring and you shall suffer 6 further weeks of winter...hahahahaha!

Side note you go some skills Kman, you being artsy makes sense that your posts are well ya know...slightly leaning towards bat shiz crazy at times. 

Hiked near your place many a times as we did the Bruce end to end, discovered a great private campground at Miller lake and been up there many times since. Did winter camping many timesas well in Killarney and Algonquin in tents...summer tents mind you lol. Hope to see you at one of these 2018 home games as per the OP and have a pint with ya! I will have my beer guzzling father in law hopefully who is your arch rival...a Canoeist!!!!  would be great ti talk about Rugby and the great outdoors, until then do what ya do ya crazy canuck!

image.png.278e4996e549da126eb65f7c25d2ca03.png

50 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

Are you blind man?????  Do you not see  your eagle in the lower half, wings outspread, coming straight at you with the beak, flying through the sky with talons ready? (its doubling as the 'snout' of the wolf)....are you totally blind Man??????? Eagle Clan and Wolf Clan related as per legends...thats why some times on totem poles they are together; Thunder Bird and Wolf.

Come on...ya gotta be shittin me if you don't see it.

1 hour ago, Krzzystuff said:

clearly its these two eagles DP...i have no idea either lol. i tried looking but to no avail. let us know Kman or we will scare Wiarton Willy in the spring and you shall suffer 6 further weeks of winter...hahahahaha!

Side note you go some skills Kman, you being artsy makes sense that your posts are well ya know...slightly leaning towards bat shiz crazy at times. 

Hiked near your place many a times as we did the Bruce end to end, discovered a great private campground at Miller lake and been up there many times since. Did winter camping many timesas well in Killarney and Algonquin in tents...summer tents mind you lol. Hope to see you at one of these 2018 home games as per the OP and have a pint with ya! I will have my beer guzzling father in law hopefully who is your arch rival...a Canoeist!!!!  would be great ti talk about Rugby and the great outdoors, until then do what ya do ya crazy canuck!

image.png.278e4996e549da126eb65f7c25d2ca03.png

Hey Krzzystuff:

No...those are the all seeing eyes of the big monster who came from the froth of the sea in the old time (don't want to mess with him!)...thats why he has two sets of gills for each eye as per legend...don't tell me you don't see the gills?

Prepare yourself for bad news:  Wiarton Willie is dead!...there was an official OPP investigation and foul play was not suspected...his nephew 'Wee Willie' is now on the clock (really looks just like a large rat though); hopefully he will grow into the job...Sorry to be the one who had to break it to you.

Its not me thats crazy...look around...ITS THE WORLD THAT IS CRAZY!  Is this not totally obvious to everyone??...just watch the news tonight and tell me if I'm wrong?

Glad to hear you liked it up here...have also hiked the whole Bruce, of course many times, but there sure are alot of side trails (little gems): you ever make it to Gun Point(the best hike)?  Of course kayaked it all and camped...love the eagle rockery on Rabbit Island.

Will try to meet up but remember a canoeist is no rival of mine...rather a kindred spirit and well loved cousin!  I've done alot of canoeing all over Canada myself (love Wolf Lake! with the old growth forest and such up by Sudbury).

Know the Killarney coastline like the back of my hand...was once wind stayed/stranded for a long time  (7-10 days?) by myself on one of the islands...ran into a Spirit and had to share the space/time with him...quickly carved him on my return....thats what he felt like...the one on the right.

Its the one on the right, don't ask about the other one.!

All the best.

29 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

I can't stretch the picture without blurring it. Stop guilt tripping me Kman. :tease:

Title:  Killarney WindSpirit

Medium:  White Cedar

IMG_0141.JPG

34 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

I can't stretch the picture without blurring it. Stop guilt tripping me Kman. :tease:

Okay, Okay I'm sorry .  If you can't see it ...well then you can't...maybe some day?  Don't try to stretch it...look into it! depth!

Will Kman be allowed out of the home, alone, to kayak to the UK? He'll love it in Yorkshire, they sound kindred spirits.

3 hours ago, TMF said:

Will Kman be allowed out of the home, alone, to kayak to the UK? He'll love it in Yorkshire, they sound kindred spirits.

You wouldn't believe it if I told ya but its true...some type of weird karma and I mean weird!!!!.

My daughter is home from teachers college for the week and just started the interview process today (over the phone) for two jobs in England once she graduates...one in York and the other in...you guessed it...

wait for it...

its coming...

LEEDS!!!!  WOW!

WOE AM I!

5 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

Does your daughter have any interest in the Wolfpack Kman?

Shes up in bed right now and I'm about to leave the house so I shouted your question to her...she howled and then there was a low steady growl...better get the hell out of the lair before that she wolf awakes...only got the one washroom!

220px-Scan_of_Figurehead_from_Geschichte_der_Kunst_des_Alterhums_band_1_(1776).png

Archived