A taste of Yorkshire

tms

For all TWP fans visiting Gods own county this easter don't forget to PAMPER YOUR TASTEBUDS!

Try real Yorkshire pudding cooked in lard with onion gravy and mint sauce

Fish chips and proper mushy peas

Chips and gravy

Afternoon tea and cakes Malt loaf hot cross buns toasted teacakes and fruit cake with cheese

Whitby kippers

Hand pulled real  ale bitter IPA and dark mild

We got lots of cheeses including Wallace and Gromit  favourite Wensleydale

and lets not forget

Black pudding Pork scratchings  Dripping  sandwiches Pigs bag and raw tripe with malt vinegar and black pepper

close to me in west yorks  tuther side of wakey we got the rhubarb triangle where its grown in sheds in the dark under candlelight if you visit shed can hear it grow  this makes YORKSHIRE forced rhubarb the best in the world and in ponte the former capital of liquorice  you can get liquorice cheese  liquorice beer and lots of different sweets all sorts torpedo's hard juice and the world famous Pontefract cakes to name a few

For the adventurous try  liquorice root a woody stem that you chew and suck

Wow, that repertoire takes me back!  is Harry Ramsdens fish n chip emporium still going strong? and I can handle everything except the tripe..could never abide that. Love kippers but the trouble n strife carry's on for ever when I cook 'em. and Finnan haddie in butter  YUM

16 minutes ago, RobertAM said:

I'd forgotten licorice root..like chewing a meaty twig - used to love it and yes me grans dripping sandwiches..magic!

Isn't that a from of witchcraft?

1 hour ago, deluded pom? said:

No. Understanding things is perfectly legal, here in the UK any way.

Your answer seems convoluted and makes me think you have bin  chewin on some of this here root DP....get off that stuff!  Get off the root DP.

On 24/03/2018 at 1:38 PM, RobertAM said:

Wow, that repertoire takes me back!  is Harry Ramsdens fish n chip emporium still going strong? and I can handle everything except the tripe..could never abide that. Love kippers but the trouble n strife carry's on for ever when I cook 'em. and Finnan haddie in butter  YUM

I think the original one in Guisely is shut now. The name exists as a franchise chain, mostly in Motorway service areas.  TBH, they're pretty foul.

If I remember rightly the Black Rock in Wakey used to do Yorkshire Tapas- cubes of raw back pudding and bread and dripping, yum! Sadly Tetley’s bitter is not worth drinking any more since the brewery shut in the pursuit of mamon. Plenty good pubs and fine ale remain though!

Archived