Hornets/London highlights

glemiln

https://londonbroncosrl.com/videos/#

A few Hornets defensive lapses, especially second half, but hopefully we can build on the overall performance to get into a winning mode. Trust our latest recruit fitted-in well.

We need a settled playing squad over the next crucial 7 league games, including 2 successive weekly games firstly against Batley, then Swinton. Then it's London and Toulouse in successive weeks!

Firstly, Haven....

The use of D/R does not allow for a settled playing squad. Players get parachuted in, play and then leave straight after the match. Hornets then wait a few days to find out if / who Warrington will loan out the following week.

Meanwhile fringe Hornets players wait for Warrington to basically decide if they will be involved or not.

The farcical situation with Seta highlights this issue perfectly. One of the main components of the game is match fitness.

The use of the loan market is a different scenario as it is for a fixed period of time making team selection and planning more effective.  

I guess with it being the Challenge Cup this weekend D/R will not be available so the real Rochdale H will be representing the club making a victory all the more sweeter.

23 hours ago, glemiln said:

https://londonbroncosrl.com/videos/#

A few Hornets defensive lapses, especially second half, but hopefully we can build on the overall performance to get into a winning mode. Trust our latest recruit fitted-in well.

We need a settled playing squad over the next crucial 7 league games, including 2 successive weekly games firstly against Batley, then Swinton. Then it's London and Toulouse in successive weeks!

Firstly, Haven....

A 350 ml round trip,dont think i'll be going, If ref is Straw, Grant, or McMullen I think we might lose.If players are injured how can you have a settled squad.

8 hours ago, Hornets Nest said:

The use of D/R does not allow for a settled playing squad. Players get parachuted in, play and then leave straight after the match. Hornets then wait a few days to find out if / who Warrington will loan out the following week.

Meanwhile fringe Hornets players wait for Warrington to basically decide if they will be involved or not.

The farcical situation with Seta highlights this issue perfectly. One of the main components of the game is match fitness.

The use of the loan market is a different scenario as it is for a fixed period of time making team selection and planning more effective.  

I guess with it being the Challenge Cup this weekend D/R will not be available so the real Rochdale H will be representing the club making a victory all the more sweeter.

I too am not a fan D/R,i feel it destabilizes a team with all the comings and goings.

15 hours ago, excolt said:

I would rather i didnt exist but the Saints D/R helped get us promoted

The year we won promotion we used Huddersfield players as D/R.It came in handy but I would rather achieve things with our own players.I still think D/R is a little unsettling for some players.

Archived