Question

moorside roughyed

How is it the club doesn't have it's own official way of putting announcements on this forum.Bradford and Keighley have Bulls and Cougar's news respectively.Why don't we have "Roughyeds" news?.A lot of other clubs use this part of total rugby league,just wondering why we've never embraced it.Its free publicity.I just think the club are missing out on something.

It goes back to 2015, the fans forum meetings tried to get CH to embrace twitter Facebook online payments online tickets advertising but the helpers he had we over 65 and did not understand the power of the Web. 

Things have changed 1000 fold with Dave. But we can all help retweets putting it out on Facebook etc

5 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

How is it the club doesn't have it's own official way of putting announcements on this forum.Bradford and Keighley have Bulls and Cougar's news respectively.Why don't we have "Roughyeds" news?.A lot of other clubs use this part of total rugby league,just wondering why we've never embraced it.Its free publicity.I just think the club are missing out on something.

To be honest, the club website is the best place to keep up with news about the club.  Stuff you see elsewhere is usually other outlets picking up on news from the club and rebroadcasting it.  

You can turn on notifications when you visit the site and when some new news is published you get a desktop notification if you're using a modern web browser.

Generally speaking I broadcast to Twitter anything published on the site.  I've also started doing the same on a Telegram channel. https://t.me/roughyeds

There's also a Telegram group called Roughyeds.  If you're on Telegram I can invite you.  (Telegram is a bit like Whatsapp but it's not going to go all Zuckerberg on you and sell your data.  It's also encrypted.).

Important stuff gets put onto Facebook too but only enough to draw you away from the perils of that place and back onto safer ground.

I've thought about setting up an aggregated news feed somewhere on the site with all sorts of Oldham related stuff piping into it but like I said above, it just ends up being regurgitated stuff that's appeared on the Oldham site anyway.

Occasionally when something is super duper important, I will post something in here, but my view of this place is that it's a discussion forum, not a news site.

17 minutes ago, Dave Naylor said:

I've thought about setting up an aggregated news feed somewhere on the site with all sorts of Oldham related stuff piping into it but like I said above, it just ends up being regurgitated stuff that's appeared on the Oldham site anyway.

The vast majority of users on here aren't Oldham supporters and most probably wouldn't navigate to the Roughyeds website unless they had a particular reason to do so,if at all.

A newsfeed on here though,incorporating a link,would probably get the curious following through to get to the meat of a story.

Nothing to lose by doing it,possibly something to gain as the audience expands.

Archived