2019 Signings

2 hours ago, Jim Prendle said:

Are they not in the SL Semi-Finals? There are only 4 teams that can get into those, and Wigan happen to be one of them, despite playing with the handicap, according to you anyway, of an ancient and hopeless spine.

And no, I'm not Ian Lenegan. I am a WIgan fan of almost 50 years standing, and I also don't think that Wigan can either expect success just because they are Wigan, or indeed that they should just buy it in from abroad.

Maybe you should apply for a role within the club? I'm not Lenegan, but I do know him well enough to get you an interview. Go for it, and then you can make all your dreams come true.

50 years standing, maybe ask for a seat then you won't get so easily wound up.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

Eden and his agent had agreed terms on that but when it came down to it he said he'd rather stay at Cas and play outside Bill Toupou

Ha, if that were to happen you could halve Eden's try tally at an instant - Bill doesn't like to let the ball go anything like as much as Shenton.

Bills a great centre in his way but he's ten tries a season and all of them scored the hard way. If you want Bill that much and you can find the dosh then so be it but I can assure you he's not the player you think he is, not if you expect him to replace Webster and Shenton.

Better all round imo if this remains a certain posters wet dream.

11 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

I know Hull have had a terrible year with injuries this year but I think there's some more deep seated problems as even their established players have massively under-performed in the 2nd half of the year. They have some serious rebuilding to do for 2019.

I really dont know tbh. I think we have just spent 2 months feeling sorry for ourselves. We have had injuries all year but we competed really well in spite of this for most of the year. I think the game against you at the KC was the turning point. We pushed you close and could have won but we didn't and we lost Connor in the process. 

From there it was like the air being let out of a balloon. We knew we couldn't realistically make the 4. We had not only a lot of players missing but also a lot of players playing through pain. We just looked spent.

Conceding 80 points is never acceptable, but RL is such a brutal game that your effort doesnt need to be off by a lot for it to happen.

A few weeks ago I was feeling pretty down about the club. But now I am fairly bullish about next year. We still have the squad to compete. The youngsters have been thrown in at the deep end but will be much better for it. We will be under the radar because of our recent record and there will be a real desire to put things right. I am fully expecting us to fly out of the traps, and if we dont, I dont think Radford will be around for much longer.

• 2 months later...

Archived