2019 Early Season games

Swampo

Not exactly happy if its 9 games instead of 10. Having said that, if the weather isn't good in Late April/Early May I probably wouldn't have gone anyway, so may be not a big loss.

Disappointed and surprised that the Widnes game is in the UK. Widnes should be one of the better teams. Also aren't they full time? Wouldn't they be better equipped to make the trip to Toronto rather than one of the part time teams?

Ah well just over 2 months to go. Any idea who will be broadcasting the games in Canada yet?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, ojx said:

I'm not a fan of home games being played on the road. It is a big disappointment, but I guess we all knew it was coming.  The RFL should be serious, and let TWP play all away games from Feb-April. Otherwise, don't have them in the league.

Don't be giving them ideas! Even though it make a lot of people here happy - while reducing by the number of threads and posts by at least 10%

On 11/25/2018 at 12:05 PM, ojx said:

I'm not a fan of home games being played on the road. It is a big disappointment, but I guess we all knew it was coming.  The RFL should be serious, and let TWP play all away games from Feb-April. Otherwise, don't have them in the league.

Neither am I and I think it's stupid.  I personally find the RFL and many in the English game very tiring.

Btw, I'm living in Victoria now so I doubt I'll be able to make a game this season.  I will be watching on the television though.

9 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

If there are to be early season on the road games would you (general TWP supporter) prefer them to be played in North America rather than Europe?

Yes, ideally, Florida. There is a good size Canadian community there and already an interest in places like Jacksonville.

1 hour ago, deluded pom? said:

If there are to be early season on the road games would you (general TWP supporter) prefer them to be played in North America rather than Europe?

In North America, ideally in Canada on the West Coast.  

I also think losing four home matches is too many.  No more than two matches should be played outside Toronto.

Archived