PNG v Knights & European Championship: Any TV Coverage/Streaming?

3 hours ago, Michael Gledhill said:

The game will be on Twitter periscope, filmed from a phone.

Similar to how the recent PNG vs Australia Presidents XIII was broadcast. 

Didn't the ARLC chairman Peter Beattie do that?  The PNG Kumuls Facebook page had a live feed from a phone as well. I take it you're assuming someone will do something similar for the Knights game.

One of the local PNG TV stations, TV Wan, broadcast the game live, and I read that they were trying to get coverage into Aus for that, but they couldn't come to an agreement. I'm not even sure who in this country would be interested in picking up the coverage.

3 hours ago, thirteenthman said:

Didn't the ARLC chairman Peter Beattie do that?  The PNG Kumuls Facebook page had a live feed from a phone as well. I take it you're assuming someone will do something similar for the Knights game.

One of the local PNG TV stations, TV Wan, broadcast the game live, and I read that they were trying to get coverage into Aus for that, but they couldn't come to an agreement. I'm not even sure who in this country would be interested in picking up the coverage.

Peter did indeed do that mate. 

Once the footage had stabilised it was certainly watchable. 

TVWan will be broadcasting the games locally, so not sure why their feed (even on a slight delay) are never shown outside of PNG.

It is the same with the Digicel Cup, PNG Hunters, PMXIII and plenty of other representative games (like PNG U23s v Country NSW last week). 

Just like the recent NZ National Premiership, which was broadcasted by Sky NZ, it's crazy why these games are never distributed anywhere else in the world, especially as the largest costs have been covered. 

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

12 hours ago, Yakstorm said:

TVWan will be broadcasting the games locally, so not sure why their feed (even on a slight delay) are never shown outside of PNG.

It is the same with the Digicel Cup, PNG Hunters, PMXIII and plenty of other representative games (like PNG U23s v Country NSW last week). 

Just like the recent NZ National Premiership, which was broadcasted by Sky NZ, it's crazy why these games are never distributed anywhere else in the world, especially as the largest costs have been covered. 

Particularly with Fox's RL channel down under, seems like exactly the content they need. Hope these do get picked up, even if it's by OurLeague.

According to today's League Weekly, the RFL are hoping to get the PNG v England Knights games on the Our League app. The article does say this is "subject to the technology available to them in the Pacific nation to allow them to do so". 

Putting aside the issues with the Our League app, it would be good if this comes off. 

From https://www.rugbyleagueontv.com/

Saturday 27th October
6:00am International Test Tour - Game 1

Papua New Guinea v England Knights
LIVE STREAM: Our League Website & App
Stream Link: Coverage - To be Confirmed
*It is hoped this will be streamed but will depend on local facilities.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived