Swinton vs Toronto

RobertAM

Look forward to seeing a good number of Lions fans at our "real" home opener..how many making the trip this time..we owe you lot the Full Lamport experience...

5 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Have you put your order in at the Ontario Cannabis Store for them yet Robert?

I'm an old dog..I still go along with the old saying   "candy is dandy but liquor is quicker!"

• 2 weeks later...

anyone know when the Lions are arriving in Toronto? guess some fans travelling with the team..in any case safe travels and look forward to seeing you all at 3B or beergarden..

6 minutes ago, Lion heart 59 said:

they will be arriving friday afternoon ,i'm  on the same flight

thanks..have a good flight. Forecast is 11degrees and showers but I expect it'll change between now and sunday aft.

Thanks for the kind words - I couldn't go but if by any chance we are both in the same division next season I will be taking my annual holiday in Canada and combine it with the match.

So did the score flatter your boys and how did Swinton play ?

You'd be welcome, had the opportunity to chat with a number of your fans at the welcome party on saturday night at Northern Maverick some od whom had been the year before when we had to play out in the suburbs and I told them that Lamport would be something to experience and I estimated we'd get 7500 fans..I was off by 2000!

The Lions were in the match all the time, never stopped digging and thats all a fan can ask. Our fans were pleased to shake as many of your lads hands as we could. Hope we do see you over here again - keep plugging away! Cheers

• 1 month later...

I think on this occasion I think Lion Heart 59 is being a tad pessimistic because the team played really well against Toulouse at home and only narrowly lost - I think the key is containing the Toronto pack which I thought dominated in their match against Toulouse in Blackpool.

Roll on Sunday...……...

11 minutes ago, wayne_r said:

I think on this occasion I think Lion Heart 59 is being a tad pessimistic because the team played really well against Toulouse at home and only narrowly lost - I think the key is containing the Toronto pack which I thought dominated in their match against Toulouse in Blackpool.

Roll on Sunday...……...

The Toronto Pack is constantly  improving and the centers are as well...Swinton really needs to play a totally open offensive game to try to 'shock' Toronto a bit and set them on their heels..I think it might be their only chance.

Would make for an exciting game to watch!

Yes a great performance as a team but also some exceptional individual performances as well, for me jack Hansen had a truly great game. Our halfbacks worked really well and the forwards competed with a much bigger pack and more than held their own.

I think had in not been for key decisions going against us it would have been an awful lot closer. One thing is for sure Toronto knew they had been in a match.

Lets hope that level of intensity can become the norm for the team and we will finish well above the relegation zone.

As an outsider watching, you've got a great work ethic and commeraderie within the side, with some good plays. As someone who gave Lewis Hatton a bit of banter when we played at Swinton, Lewis lad well played yesterday, I took particular notice of how he played and the amount of involvement from is a credit to him. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Archived