A fine video

Reverend Ram

I have just posted a lengthy tome on the General website about a video I picked up of the 1990-91 season - it has a fine minute of Crown Flatt with our first victory at home, a 16-8 win over Fulham with the clinching try by the legendary Dennis Bailey - I am sure if I freeze frame the view of the long stand we could pick out venerable posters like GOR, BSJ, Coolie and the like.....though inevitably it also has one of our darkest hours - being the team to end Runcorn’s 75 match losing streak with Willie Johnston inspiring Highfield to a 9-2 win....

Is it a tape or a dvd RR? If the latter then there is somebody on this forum who can help

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Was it a televised game on that eurospace channel with Keith Macklin doing the commentary??

Same channel that showed the Scarborough away game (Eddie's debut)

Only try I can remember from the Fulham game was Chris Spooner interception full length of the field and scoring at the sugar lane end.a pic would be good to see.

34 minutes ago, Lupset Ram said:

I remember seeing the DVD a few years back. The one thing that stuck in my mind was how shocking the playing surfaces were and how dilapidated the grounds looked. Think of Belle Vue but ten times worse. 

Still better than Sheffield thou ??????

1 hour ago, Lupset Ram said:

I remember seeing the DVD a few years back. The one thing that stuck in my mind was how shocking the playing surfaces were and how dilapidated the grounds looked. Think of Belle Vue but ten times worse. 

The only thing I can think of thats 10x worse than Belle Vue would be Chernobyl....

2 hours ago, NickD said:

The only thing I can think of thats 10x worse than Belle Vue would be Chernobyl....

If you get a chance to see it, you'll know what I mean. I think it  was Carlisle's  ground that looked the worse. 

On 01/05/2019 at 21:14, Blind side johnny said:

Is it a tape or a dvd RR? If the latter then there is somebody on this forum who can help

It is a video but not Betamax! I would have to get it transferred to DVD first which I believe is possible in this modern age 

Archived