400 Games at the top level - Celebrate yes and no? Smith & Graham

Two players, yes two are nearing the 400 games played mark.

Foe Cameron Smith it is 392 NRL games and counting.

Don't forget though that James Graham is on 393 games (Professional games i.e Super League and NRL games)

image.png.ead51a97360efdf4eafd89d4456b2b46.png

I have a feeling that James will get a mention if and when he passes the 400 mark, but Cameron Smith will take the major plaudits his total being all NRL games.

Well done to both - it will be a fantastic achievement... that's for both.

As for Cameron Smith he has played all his club games at Melbourne Storm rather than at two or three clubs like James.

Smith:

He already has the record for the most NRL appearances (392 and rising)

In addition to team honours, he has twice been named Dally M Player of the Year award for the 'best and fairest' in the NRL, has been Hooker of the Year seven times and twice World Player of the Year.

Both are and have been excellent players and leaders. Hopefully both are recogized properly. To play that many Club games is an outstanding achievement though I would rate Smiths alot higher, as some of the St.Helens game Graham played were sometimes nothing more than Training runs!

3 hours ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

Both are and have been excellent players and leaders. Hopefully both are recogized properly. To play that many Club games is an outstanding achievement though I would rate Smiths alot higher, as some of the St.Helens game Graham played were sometimes nothing more than Training runs!

Many of Smith’s games were illegal, he was cocooned by having an illegally expensive squad around him for three years that has added to his longevity ?

in all seriousness, great achievement by both players.

Archived