Match day experience

town blue

3 hours ago, silverfox said:

Town blue. Put in his post that if they were going to develop one ground he would choose BP ,well that's what we all want. Only not repairing things ,But knocking it down ,and building a brand new stadium  that will have modern facilities  used not only on  match days , but every Day of the week .Also we don't want people getting carried away with the match day experience of been closer to the pitch ,thinking it ok at BP as it is . Look at the big picture . there is no better match day experience than standing on the terracing  along the touch line at Whitehaven your even closer and looking down on the pitch but you wouldn't want a stadium like that .  The plans that were drawn up for the New Stadium look fantastic and would be the envy of every other club in  Cumbria .  So we just hope the New Councillors go ahead with this development for the good of the Area .  

Silverfox, totally baffled by your post. I am not advocating repairing things and papering over the cracks at BP - my point is if the new stadium does not go ahead the town & reds will be left with 2 decaying stadia and what i would like to see happen (my opinion only)  if they decide to pool their resources and develop one ground - the remaining 6 year lease on BP is an obvious consideration. Your experience at the Rec is different to mine - yes you are close to the action on the open terrace,  but your vision is impaired if action is taking place in the corners especially at the Kells end. I am In total favour of a new stadium. UTT & the REDS.

Will be heading down for the next match - are drinks banned while you watch the game? If so a couple of casual fans I know may not bother - not the end if the world as the Rugby is king and the only reason to attend but shame to lose a few lads who started going this season.

4 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Will be heading down for the next match - are drinks banned while you watch the game? If so a couple of casual fans I know may not bother - not the end if the world as the Rugby is king and the only reason to attend but shame to lose a few lads who started going this season.

you can drink on the old grandstand side of the ground 

46 minutes ago, Onreport said:

A marrow is a vegetable marra

I live down south kid so over the years when I've called the southern lads Marra it has caused them to now say Marrow back to anyone from Cumbria....

Hope that clears that up Marrow.

2 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

I live down south kid so over the years when I've called the southern lads Marra it has caused them to now say Marrow back to anyone from Cumbria....

Hope that clears that up Marrow.

longtime time since I've been called a kid but thanks anyway

Archived