Original York RLFC

54 minutes ago, paul hicks said:

so in that case a club that's been liquidated is the same as you contest is the case for York.

so Bradford, Widnes, hunslet and Keighley are 4 that come to mind and im pretty sure there are more if I could be bothered to look . actually Bradford would be at least twice and of course Sheffield eagles and Gateshead were reformed from the ashes of mergers so they would count of course.would north or south wales count I wonder. 

at the end of the first world war st helens actually took a while out for financial reasons so what's the status with them .

its starting to look as if we could actually get a league together out of them

GatesHull too

On 04/08/2019 at 19:09, paul hicks said:

in that case of course shuddersfield giant eagles join the list .

just when does it stop . do we included every club that's changed grounds I wonder 

No - in my eyes there has to be no tangible connection for it to be a different entity as the fans are essentially the club rather than incompetent board members - so basically a different fanbase who had no connection with the original club. You cannot say this about York, Hull etc. I’ll bet fans of Dewsbury 1898 were fans of Dewsbury RFC which preceeded it - similar with Bradford FC and Bradford Northern

Therefore unbroken lines of the original club

Funny how RU takes the opposite approach, claiming heritage from all and sundry

On 06/08/2019 at 08:04, Lobbygobbler said:

No - in my eyes there has to be no tangible connection for it to be a different entity as the fans are essentially the club rather than incompetent board members - so basically a different fanbase who had no connection with the original club. You cannot say this about York, Hull etc. I’ll bet fans of Dewsbury 1898 were fans of Dewsbury RFC which preceeded it - similar with Bradford FC and Bradford Northern

Therefore unbroken lines of the original club

Funny how RU takes the opposite approach, claiming heritage from all and sundry

so in effect any cub that goes bust and is liquidated if they then appear in the same area within a reasonable time then they are the same club in effect all be it with a new board or name and maybe a new ground. would that also apply to Wigan Highfield and all the changes up to say Highfield with the moves to London and Liverpool ect counted in. 

I accept that Castleford for one would be from 1926 and not the early days when they hung around a bit and the same goes for Featherstone that they are different but the highfield wigan/London and the Liverpool/huyton plus Runcorn ect can they be counted as one club and does that then also include blackpool borough.chorley/Trafford ect 

Archived