Gale to Leeds

Gates1

As I've said on the Connor thread - Cas have already approached Saints about signing Danny Richardson (as have Salford I believe but was told this from a less reliable source). Richardson is under contract and Saints don't need to sell so it all comes down to whether they want to cash in on him now and free up cap space to strengthen elsewhere or keep Richardson as back-up again for 2020. 

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

1 hour ago, Saint Toppy said:

As I've said on the Connor thread - Cas have already approached Saints about signing Danny Richardson (as have Salford I believe but was told this from a less reliable source). Richardson is under contract and Saints don't need to sell so it all comes down to whether they want to cash in on him now and free up cap space to strengthen elsewhere or keep Richardson as back-up again for 2020. 

First I've heard about Salford being in for Richardson - where did you hear that from? Unless the Brown deal has fallen through I just can't see us having the money and he doesn't seem like a player Watson would go for.

33 minutes ago, LR23 said:

First I've heard about Salford being in for Richardson - where did you hear that from? Unless the Brown deal has fallen through I just can't see us having the money and he doesn't seem like a player Watson would go for.

I did say the Richardson rumour wasn't from a usual reliable source. However he would likely be on a much smaller contract than someone like Brown so maybe they're still keeping their options open for next year and tightly managing their budget.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

31 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

I did say the Richardson rumour wasn't from a usual reliable source. However he would likely be on a much smaller contract than someone like Brown so maybe they're still keeping their options open for next year and tightly managing their budget.

I said elsewhere that I wouldn't mind us taking a look at him - I'd hope it was true as we are still light in the halves. We shall see I suppose but Cas might be a bigger pull.

On 08/09/2019 at 14:09, MADREDNIGE said:

Contracts don't mean a thing these days 

Thanks. I'm going to tell my bank just that tomorrow.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived