1 hour ago, Gomersall said:

All good news from over there. Thanks for keeping us in the picture. 

• Thanks 1

Yep agreed, and also thanks for posting these.

Was looking at the 2023 results recently, and had some concerns about Harderwijk continuing. So great news they are there and a new team as well.

• Thanks 1

Not sure how they are working this.

New club Brabant have two home games,one in Eindhoven and one in Oijsterwijk.

Round two see all three games played in Harderwijk. 

Nieuwegein (who don't have a club in the competition) host two games from Round three then host both semi final games.

Strange one that 🤔

A real Mish-mash of venues and fixtures that can't do any good in building a "fan base".

All clubs get two home fixtures apart from Zwolle Wolves ,who if they get to the final will play only one of their seven fixtures at home.!!!!!!!

With six teams now it can't be very far off until the NRLB aim to get a 10 game regular home and away season.

Im travelling home for Easter and will try and get some more information.

Edited by yanto
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On a footnote Dutch international and Den Haag Knights forward Bonne Wilce has opened his new business in Eindhoven.

Bonne also pulled on his boots for Oijsterwijk RU club when he moved south so I'm getting the vibe he is behind the Brabant Bears set up.

Saves him travelling to Den Haag and expands the codes footprint.

In good hands if that's the case.

Edited by yanto
  • Like 6

• 1 month later...

Dutch league kicked of yesterday. 

Amsterdam v Harderwijk.

Zwolle v Rotterdam

Last year the social media was first class.

24 hours later I'm still trying to find the results  of yesterday's games. 

Poor after some promising progress.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, yanto said:

Amsterdam v Harderwijk.

Zwolle v Rotterdam

I’ve seen absolutely zero on X despite following the NRLB.

• Like 1

I follow the Dutch fed and all their clubs, on all platforms. The only thing posted anywhere is on Amsterdam Cobras page, a team photo and "yeah the boys" in the description. Really strange indeed, especially by the standards they set kast year. Did something happen, perhaps a few forfeits? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, langpark said:

I follow the Dutch fed and all their clubs, on all platforms. The only thing posted anywhere is on Amsterdam Cobras page, a team photo and "yeah the boys" in the description. Really strange indeed, especially by the standards they set kast year. Did something happen, perhaps a few forfeits? 

Misa Vakadranu posted he officiated one game so.they did.go ahead.

When asked about the media silence he just answered he is.not part of the NRLB.

Strange very strange.

• Like 1

Two steps forwards, one step back. 

Posted (edited)

Just been posted at least one of the games. Amsterdam beat Harderwijk 70-12. 

Im sure it’s nothing to worry about, there would only be one guy running all the social media pages, probably just forgot.

Edited by NRLandSL

1 hour ago, NRLandSL said:

Just been posted at least one of the games. Amsterdam beat Harderwijk 70-12. 

Im sure it’s nothing to worry about, there would only be one guy running all the social media pages, probably just forgot.

Nothing on X.

Referred a representative of the Dutch Dolphins club to this forum.  

Not sure if they were aware of its existence.

Might help with news.  

The Rugby League Fan's Mantra for helping the game grow internationally is ten two-letter words - IF IT IS TO BE, IT IS UP TO ME.

Hi guys.

I'm the Dolphins rep that partisan mentioned. I had no idea that this forum existed or even that people outside of the Netherlands followed Dutch RL.

About me: I've been a player for the Dolphins since 2017 and been on the NRLB board from 2020-2022. Currently on the board of the Dolphins as well. 

Today we hosted a double header at our club. Unfortunately we lost to Den Haag Knights 32-42. We made a comeback in the 2nd half but the knights managed to pull through in the later stage of the game.

The other match was between Amsterdam Cobras and Zwolle Wolves, which the latter team won 34-6. But even so, shout out to the Cobras. They started the game with 12 and ended with 10, and really put up a fight. 

Afterward we all had a beer and some BBQ. Good day of Dutch rugby league.

If you guys have any questions I'll try and answer them, or shed a light on the situation.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

On 13/05/2024 at 08:14, langpark said:

The guy who got NRLB to new heights unfortunately left. They have a new person doing socials, but it isn't nowhere near the level it used to be. 

• Like 2

On 12/05/2024 at 14:27, yanto said:

Amsterdam v Harderwijk.

Zwolle v Rotterdam

Unfortunately the Rotterdam Pitbulls had to withdraw themselves from competition. The first game, they had 2 people in attendance. One player went to play for us, the other guys are going to play for Den Haag Knights

• Like 1

On 27/03/2024 at 14:44, yanto said:

Not sure how they are working this.

New club Brabant have two home games,one in Eindhoven and one in Oijsterwijk.

Round two see all three games played in Harderwijk. 

Nieuwegein (who don't have a club in the competition) host two games from Round three then host both semi final games.

Strange one that 🤔

A real Mish-mash of venues and fixtures that can't do any good in building a "fan base".

All clubs get two home fixtures apart from Zwolle Wolves ,who if they get to the final will play only one of their seven fixtures at home.!!!!!!!

With six teams now it can't be very far off until the NRLB aim to get a 10 game regular home and away season.

Im travelling home for Easter and will try and get some more information.

The Nieuwegein games are so that a new public can be introduced to rugby league and maybe get some guys enthusiastic. It's very developmental over here. Fan bases are existing of family and friends, so we're not drawing crowds for domestic games.

We're in a bit of a pickle for doing a whole season. Rugby Union is way bigger over here, so 90% of the players are playing league after their season, leaving only a couple of weeks until holiday season. Most of the clubs exists of feeder club. That's where our struggles come from, since there is no other rugby Club in Harderwijk, and we only play 5 games a year

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HarderwijkDolphins said:

Unfortunately the Rotterdam Pitbulls had to withdraw themselves from competition. The first game, they had 2 people in attendance. One player went to play for us, the other guys are going to play for Den Haag Knights

Serious...Pitbulls are no more.

Wow that's a big blow.