Fri 13 Sept: SL: Huddersfield Giants v Catalans Dragons KO 7.45pm

Who will win?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants
    • Catalans Dragons

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/19 at 18:45

I was impressed with Catalans, who played some decent stuff and the 2 halves looked good, Mourgue in particular looks a good prospect, as for Tomkins, you know what you're gonna get with him, yapping at the ref and other players all game but he's a fine player too when he wants to be!

I was more impressed with our character though, at 22-10, we were dead and buried and usually those games are lost, tonight, we stuck at it and with the cowbells ringing out we found a second wind to bring us home, fitting that despite one of our cracking, but not talked about youngsters bagging 4 tries it was a Jerry classic that eventually kept us up ?

11 minutes ago, GIANTSTRIDES said:

I don't really know how we won that game, it all seemed to turn on the breakaway try from Senior, I was amazed how quickly he left Sam for dead, that said i would have him at the Giants tomorrow he completely controlled the Catalan side.

We live to fight another season, I'm not sure we deserve too but we have had the most horrendous time with injuries so maybe we can regroup over the winter, We are desperate for some quality forwards and even more so for another Nathan Brown,  where's Shaun Waine ?, he will do us if he's available.

I really don't think the coach is the problem, we have had some rotten luck with injuries to most of our senior players, that's brings its own disruptions and inconsistencies, look at the squad numbers we've been playing the last few months, I think with a fully fit squad and some of our youngsters been more battle hardened, we should be alright next year?

Sacking coaches hasn't worked in the last 5 years has it?

9 hours ago, meast said:

I was impressed with Catalans, who played some decent stuff and the 2 halves looked good, Mourgue in particular looks a good prospect, as for Tomkins, you know what you're gonna get with him, yapping at the ref and other players all game but he's a fine player too when he wants to be!

I was more impressed with our character though, at 22-10, we were dead and buried and usually those games are lost, tonight, we stuck at it and with the cowbells ringing out we found a second wind to bring us home, fitting that despite one of our cracking, but not talked about youngsters bagging 4 tries it was a Jerry classic that eventually kept us up ?

As you say, a fine player when he wants to be. And that's not good enough in a team sport.

1 hour ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

As you say, a fine player when he wants to be. And that's not good enough in a team sport.

To be fair, in 3 games against us, he's been the best player on the field each time, as I said at the game, it's not just what he does with ball in hand, but his organisation, defence, and the fact that he upsets people by chuntering and gesticulating all the time, it might be seen as poor sportsmanship but he's not breaking the laws, it winds opposition players and fans up and unsettles them, although there was once instance where I thought Thaler could have quite easily have binned him

Archived