Cycling World Championships

What a cracking race yesterday Junior Time trials were, both winners had problems to overcome, when the Junior Womens leader took a wrong turn, and had to back up, and the Men's winner had to change his bike at the first corner, then got stuck behind a team car. At half-way he was 30 seconds behind, and came back to win by just over 7 seconds.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/cycling/49798283

Sounds like the weather is causing trouble today.  They have had to delay the Women's TT, and Hayley Simmonds (the British rider) is not happy at all judging by her interview just then.

I went on Saturday to watch the para event.  It was a really good day and great event.  Probably not the strongest of fields but still nice to see plenty of British success and some fantastic crowds though I'm not entirely sure that they knew what they were watching.

• Like 1

Very impressive performance by Rohan Dennis in yesterday's men's elite TT and once again the 19 year old Belgian Remco Evenepoel caught the eye with second place. So good he's skipped the under 23s race and gone straight to the elite competition.

Old Faithful we never lose at Wembley

• 1 year later...
50 minutes ago, Charlie RL said:

Ethan Haytor top 10 in the time trial yesterday.  He is a new name to me these past few months.  Seems to be a genuine talent. 

Not sure if Tom Pidock is in the road race?

I'm fairly sure I've seen Ethan racing on the track.

"We are easily breakable, by illness or falling, or a million other ways of leaving this earthly life. We are just so much mashed potato."  Don Estelle

On 20/09/2021 at 20:10, Charlie RL said:

Ethan Haytor top 10 in the time trial yesterday.  He is a new name to me these past few months.  Seems to be a genuine talent. 

Not sure if Tom Pidock is in the road race?

As you might well know, Hayter was just pipped at the death by Wout van Aert on the final stage of the Tour of Britain. Anybody who gets within six seconds of van Aert in anything has got to be taken seriously.

Haven't seen the line-ups for tomorrow yet but I know Tom Pidcock was down to ride the road race. Not that you'd know it but he's been carrying a knee injury all year and plans to ride the World Championships then get it sorted.

Old Faithful we never lose at Wembley