We are fast approaching the start of the 2020 season.

Now a lot has been said about where the game is going to be come the end of 2021 when the current TV deal ends.

Are we any closer to having an idea as to where we will be at the end of 2021?

Are we going to see clubs,outside of Super League die,go amateur,merge,rebrand etc etc?

Now to me I don’t think from clubs themselves there have been the discussions,debates etc etc that there should be because my fear is that come the end of 2021 the current funding which keeps many alive could well disappear and we see some  clubs die or become amateur.

Is the plan I wonder just to have say 20 senior RL clubs both professional and semi professional?

Come on clubs outside Super League it is time to talk openly,frankly and honestly about the future.Don’t bury your heads in the sand because the issues will not go away.

12 hours ago, Robthegasman said:

We are fast approaching the start of the 2020 season.

Now a lot has been said about where the game is going to be come the end of 2021 when the current TV deal ends.

Are we any closer to having an idea as to where we will be at the end of 2021?

Are we going to see clubs,outside of Super League die,go amateur,merge,rebrand etc etc?

Now to me I don’t think from clubs themselves there have been the discussions,debates etc etc that there should be because my fear is that come the end of 2021 the current funding which keeps many alive could well disappear and we see some  clubs die or become amateur.

Is the plan I wonder just to have say 20 senior RL clubs both professional and semi professional?

Come on clubs outside Super League it is time to talk openly,frankly and honestly about the future.Don’t bury your heads in the sand because the issues will not go away.

What is happening with the Toronto Wolfpack could be a game changer for the people who run the sport and the broadcasters who might want to acquire/re-acquire the rights.

I would guess it would make sense not to rush things at this stage until the scale of Argyle’s ambition is understood fully.

I appreciate though for any fan of a non-top flight club that the uncertainty facing the futures of the like of Swinton, Rochdale, Oldham etc and people want answers now.

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

I doubt they’re burying their heads in the sand, they’ll know full well what the risks are. 

Well I would hope not.

I personally think that now is the right time to be having the discussion.And planning ahead and making decisions and yes some of those decisions may well be unpopular and controversial.

Archived