Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

16 Feb: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

23 hours ago, Click said:

Our League has a couple of tries from the Championship - But I did take a step back when I heard Woods say that Aston of the Sheffield Eagles scoring a try against Widnes. Does no one pick up on these mistakes at times?

Broncos uploaded the highlights to their Youtube today aswell:

Looks like OurLeague re-uploaded the Try of the Week and removed the Sheffield reference before Astons try. 

3 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

I dont think you will be far off with that although I think Tier 2 and Tier 3 will basically be one. Saying that we lose to Dewsbury tonight we might make up part of tier 4. 🙂

Sounds like a fairly bad-tempered game, one red card apiece and Halifax having two players sinbinned. Three penalties to Dewsbury make it 0-6 at HT.

On 16 February 2020 at 19:09, Harry Stottle said:

What about Leigh's Dav against the 3rd placed team of last year who have strengthened quite a lot?

Didn't know it was compulsory  to praise Leigh.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JonM said:

Sounds like a fairly bad-tempered game, one red card apiece and Halifax having two players sinbinned. Three penalties to Dewsbury make it 0-6 at HT.

A little bit of handbags at one point but the reds appear to be for a Dewsbury player either kneeing or punching Scott Grix on the floor and Grix retaliating. I think 2 yellows would have been fine for it but the other 2 yellows were for persistant foul play by Fax. A totally appaling display from Halifax, I think the penalty count was 1-11 in the first half. You don't play with that penalty count and with 3 players off the field and win rugby games.

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

It must be griping at you 'an t'other marra' they have started so well Dav, long my it continue.👍

Nah I'm more than happy that the performance of your little team has absolutely no impact what so ever on my life thanks H,but feel free to carry on with your persecution complex,although I'm sure you can obtain help for that if it starts to overwhelm you.

1 minute ago, Davo5 said:

Nah I'm more than happy that the performance of your little team has absolutely no impact what so ever on my life thanks H,but feel free to carry on with your persecution complex,although I'm sure you can obtain help for that if it starts to overwhelm you.

Touched a nerve have I Dav?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

Touched a nerve have I Dav?

I'm sure this exchange was initiated by you on the back of my post about London's good win away at Widnes as you seem to see that as having some relevance to the club you follow and as such it seems to have touched a nerve with yourself H,enjoy the rest of your day.

16 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

They only had to look at Fax and their attack to see the organiser and runner did not work in Murrell and Johnston

When we played Fax I was always more worried when the ball went to the right side than the left, Johnston only worried you when he got the ball in broken play. My general rule of thumb was that whenever Fax scored on the right side Murrell had a hand in it and whenever Fax scored on the left side it was usually Tyrer catching a kick (or Grady breaking a tackle).

28 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

When we played Fax I was always more worried when the ball went to the right side than the left, Johnston only worried you when he got the ball in broken play. My general rule of thumb was that whenever Fax scored on the right side Murrell had a hand in it and whenever Fax scored on the left side it was usually Tyrer catching a kick (or Grady breaking a tackle).

To be fair on that point, when Grady broke a tackle most of time it was from a Johnston pass. Those two had a really good relationship on the pitch and losing Grady for the season had a massive impact on us as we lost Grix at the same time. 

On 17/02/2020 at 17:51, The Phantom Horseman said:

I'm thinking in terms of tiers at the moment
Tier 1 Leigh, Toulouse, Fev and London

This morning the regular season odds with Hills were Evens Leigh, 5-2 Toulouse, 3-1 London, 10-1 Fev. Although might be my heart ruling my head I had to have a bet on Fev at those odds. We'll know more after the London game next week but although we've been workmanlike so far there could be more to come given how little our playmakers have worked together for one reason or another so far.