Betting Thread

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Niels said:

Well done. You got a good price also. Did you like the form?

It had group 2 form as a 2YO but lost its way , but I figured if it recaptured that form it was good enough here in a handicap to be in the mix . So it was a little leap of faith that paid off 

11 hours ago, Niels said:

Is a high draw needed for all races now at this meeting please?

Yesterdays results on the straight course would indicate there is still an advantage to be drawn high as in previous years . 3 races on straight course yesterday winners drawn 18 , 11 and 20 , it`s an even bigger advantage if it rains ...........a horse could still win from a low draw but it would need to have a lot in hand at the weights .

4 hours ago, ivans82 said:

Yesterdays results on the straight course would indicate there is still an advantage to be drawn high as in previous years . 3 races on straight course yesterday winners drawn 18 , 11 and 20 , it`s an even bigger advantage if it rains ...........a horse could still win from a low draw but it would need to have a lot in hand at the weights .

I've had a bet on Finest Sound in the 4:10, I took your advice and checked it is drawn high. 

It's favourite but the top 3 in the betting are all drawn 18,19,20 I think. 

Just had a quick look at the 2nd race tomorrow  , fancy Setarme at 13-2 ( have a look at it`s last run on the sporting life website) , strange race where the first 4 or 5 in the betting are all drawn low , probably Aidan O"Briens Mother Earth to beat .

8 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

There is clearly some science here, but I’m surprised there’s been no mention yet of my sister’s winning formula which is back any horse in the National with stars on the jockey’s silks! ?

I sometimes feel my sisters formula is back any horse in the National ... she’s on the phone for ages going through all the horses she’s backing . 50p each way on this... and this ...and this etc etc 

Something that bugs me is races going off late . If there’s no serious incident there’s zero excuse , that’s your job as a racecourse . It happens way to often that and it’s a bad look . Times aren’t rough guides .And no one ever seems much bothered 

On 17/06/2020 at 18:06, ivans82 said:

Fujiara prince romped home in the last today , Andrea Alzeni rides in the same colours tomorrow on Finest Sound in the 4.10 , nice high draw which is a must , and at odds of 4-1 an eachway bet for nowt , but beware i have a feeling the price will tumble ...........as happened today with Tactical , Queens horse drawn high , but i was too slow to grab the price .

I thought we were very unlucky. He couldn't have run much better. The horse that won came from out of the race so to speak.

19 hours ago, Niels said:

I thought we were very unlucky. He couldn't have run much better. The horse that won came from out of the race so to speak.

The winner looked a machine , but have been surprised by the horses bunching up the middle for some reason and ignoring the fact that high is the place to be , maybe we will find the draw advantage wont be as marked if they continue in this manner. Still backed it ew at 4-1 so money back ..............hoped you backed Art Power in the first today , snapped up the 5-2 yesterday , drawn 19 .

21 hours ago, DavidM said:

Something that bugs me is races going off late . If there’s no serious incident there’s zero excuse , that’s your job as a racecourse . It happens way to often that and it’s a bad look . Times aren’t rough guides .And no one ever seems much bothered 

Fully agree no crowds and on national tv , and if they had arsed about any longer , they wouldn`t have had the time to show the last race , they have a monopoly of live sport at the moment you would think they would bust a gut to run on time .

1 minute ago, ivans82 said:

Fully agree no crowds and on national tv , and if they had arsed about any longer , they wouldn`t have had the time to show the last race , they have a monopoly of live sport at the moment you would think they would bust a gut to run on time .

First race goes off late ... how does that work . Everyone’s there from the crack of dawn .Then they just slip further behind .

Hit the post with Setarme 2nd 11-4  , but took 13-2 yesterday so tiny profit ew   . ... Dancin Inthestreet was a big eyecatcher in the first today , nailed on next time ........might drift down to the shop and have a bit on Durston in the last .

Didn`t back anything in the race but Alan Kirbys ride on Golden Horde was perfect . Drawn 10 broke well made is way over to the rail and off he went .First 4 home drawn 10 , 12, 13 , 14........last 6 home drawn 1,2,3, 4 , 6 , and 7 if the penny hasn`t dropped yet for the jockeys i suggest they watch this race again and stop bunching up the middle , if you`re drawn high STAY THERE.

13 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

Didn`t back anything in the race but Alan Kirbys ride on Golden Horde was perfect . Drawn 10 broke well made is way over to the rail and off he went .First 4 home drawn 10 , 12, 13 , 14........last 6 home drawn 1,2,3, 4 , 6 , and 7 if the penny hasn`t dropped yet for the jockeys i suggest they watch this race again and stop bunching up the middle , if you`re drawn high STAY THERE.

I backed Golden Horde . I backed it last year a couple of times and rock solid 2YO form .  I’ve one left - Good Birthday 

24 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I backed Golden Horde . I backed it last year a couple of times and rock solid 2YO form .  I’ve one left - Good Birthday 

You are doing well today. It's been difficult also.

Form is out of the window with the return of the Premier League so this is a modest bet to start the weekend.

Arsenal looked poor against City, picked up injuries and have the shortest turnaround so I fancy Brighton at 2/1 to upset them.

Watford to beat Leicester is merely taking advantage of a big price in what could be a weekend of unpredictable results.  

I think a fully rested Wolves side will have too much for West Ham and Bournemouth-Palace I couldn’t call so went for double chance to anchor the bet.

E5543C34-4A18-4599-B6A6-7F6AC52CA929.jpeg

9 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Form is out of the window with the return of the Premier League so this is a modest bet to start the weekend.

Arsenal looked poor against City, picked up injuries and have the shortest turnaround so I fancy Brighton at 2/1 to upset them.

Watford to beat Leicester is merely taking advantage of a big price in what could be a weekend of unpredictable results.  

I think a fully rested Wolves side will have too much for West Ham and Bournemouth-Palace I couldn’t call so went for double chance to anchor the bet.

E5543C34-4A18-4599-B6A6-7F6AC52CA929.jpeg

I didn't have any racing bets and placed my stake on Bournemouth to win at 6/4.

It's part loyalty, but we have our injured players back and the team looks good on paper at least. 

You have 2 wins so far almost?

1 hour ago, Niels said:

I didn't have any racing bets and placed my stake on Bournemouth to win at 6/4.

It's part loyalty, but we have our injured players back and the team looks good on paper at least. 

You have 2 wins so far almost?

Yes with Watford drawing the maximum return on this Yankee has gone down to £24 now.

I’ve got Palace or the draw in the remaining leg, but didn’t feel strongly enough about either outcome to back it alone.

One of us is going to be happy at least!

36 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Yes with Watford drawing the maximum return on this Yankee has gone down to £24 now.

I’ve got Palace or the draw in the remaining leg, but didn’t feel strongly enough about either outcome to back it alone.

One of us is going to be happy at least!

I think it will be you lol ?

Archived