RFL faces promotion and relegation conundrum

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

No there isn't is there ?

As I put earlier there's plenty of geniuses on here who could run the game into a money making machine to rival union , unfortunately they haven't been able to make enough money in their normal life to get anywhere near buying a club , amazing isn't it that it's only the thickos who make enough money to get to that position 

Found out at last I stand accused, but I ain't investing in any RL club - the missus won't  let me. 

12 hours ago, DEANO said:

In a licensed super greed where are cas and wakey going to play as grounds don meet criteria. Also Salford’s fan base doesn’t either

That was the last crib sheet of criteria to have boxes the ticked, no saying that if we do go again to licensing and clubs have to apply they will be the same tick boxes - with the obvious provisos. 

17 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Found out at last I stand accused, but I ain't investing in any RL club - the missus won't  let me. 

When I told my accountant his response was 

" Are you fcuking mad " , obviously he was right ?

12 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

What criteria is that?

There ain't one, but if clubs have to apply for a licence again there will have to be one, to many grey areas in the last round, and two many examples last time for those who may object to any selection this time, to take it to a higher body to challenge.

Open your mind and think why after Leneghan said at the news conference where they announced the scrapping of the 8's and they announced a one for one P&R format he said the promoted team would only be allowed into SL if they met certain conditions,  SL had 6 months before last season started to name those conditions but they didn't and the reason is simple, they could not find a list a criteria that all the incumbent SL clubs could/would comply with, they would have had to set the criteria based on the lowest that any SL club could acheive.

Maybe that is why there is talk of going back to one regulating body and the SL board not having the jurisdiction, and that is why in my opinion we will not return to licensing again, there are not enough teams who could comply.

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

I thought they had signed him? but such is my interest that is why I have missed that information, I read the headlines and a couple of pages then scuppered the subject. 

He has been signed but the RFL have not given the Okay...they said they would explain this week and it is now Friday in the NA Colonies so.......its not like the news has got to come over in a ship like the old days.

1 minute ago, RugbyLeagueGeek said:

I've named a few. And you dismissed them all. You didn't like my answers, but at least I provided some. So do you have an answer to my question?

Neither of your examples exist,one for over 20 yrs the other played in Div 20 of the NWML so how exactly would they have been able to replace a L1 team through your stated P&R ?

5 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Neither of your examples exist,one for over 20 yrs the other played in Div 20 of the NWML so how exactly would they have been able to replace a L1 team through your stated P&R ?

Well that shows that maybe you don't know as much about the amateur game as you think you do.

And you still haven't answered my question... It's ok - take your time.

6 minutes ago, RugbyLeagueGeek said:

Well that shows that maybe you don't know as much about the amateur game as you think you do.

And you still haven't answered my question... It's ok - take your time.

After you,you maybe some time.

49 minutes ago, RugbyLeagueGeek said:

Yes I have. Are you suggesting that their grounds aren't good enough, and there should be some sort of minimum facility requirements? Seems sensible. Sounds like you're advocating a form of licencing.

Not at all, just pointing out it takes money the Amatuer clubs most probably haven't got.

Have you been reading Scotchy's - Introduction to Spin, or it's alternative title 'How to twist any discussion by making assumptions'

6 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Not at all, just pointing out it takes money the Amatuer clubs most probably haven't got.

But loads of those semi-pro clubs haven't got enough money either. So why are you advocating that they should be in a P&R system? There's no consistency in your argument.

6 minutes ago, RugbyLeagueGeek said:

And still no answer... I'll leave it there. You can put the bucket back on your head now.

So you can’t name a single existing amateur team who have 

a desire to be promoted to L1 from a non existent pyramid structure below L1 for which a “relegated” L1 club would be accepted into.

1 minute ago, RugbyLeagueGeek said:

But loads of those semi-pro clubs haven't got enough money either. So why are you advocating that they should be in a P&R system? There's no consistency in your argument.

Well I may have the better of you, I have served on the commitee of an NCL team, and been privvy to the finances required and on that expierence alone strongly doubt that ang team who would desire not to commit financial suicide would want promotion to League 1.

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

Well I may have the better of you, I have served on the commitee of an NCL team, and been privvy to the finances required and on that expierence alone strongly doubt that ang team who would desire not to commit financial suicide would want promotion to League 1.

With respect, that doesn't answer my question.

And yes, you may have the better of me... But then again you may not...

8 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

You can’t getter the better of someone on a public forum who is unable to recognise they are wrong,but keep trying H

19 minutes ago, RugbyLeagueGeek said:

Lets just throw another point for consideration, most probably the team who woukd have to make way in the P&R from L1, would probably go out of existance on the finance issue, do you think that should happen? 

46 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

Well we know it wasnt to suit Toronto because it was that way for everyone.

It would have been a change to use a neutral ground. 

Not everyone is going to be the #truefan like you Harry. RL isnt in the position to be turning away fans because they dont meet your purity test. 

1. I have given my reasons why I have come to my conclsion, and I didnt say it was to suit Toronto, did I?

2. Don't confuse the Championship GF with the MPG to entirely different play off series.

3. You can be so purile. 

3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Lets just throw another point for consideration, most probably the team who woukd have to make way in the P&R from L1, would probably go out of existance on the finance issue, do you think that should happen? 

Where would the relegated L1 club go if  there is no pyramid structure in place,certainly not the NCL who only recently voted against DR in order to protect the integrity of the league.

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Is that because they can't survive without a 75k handout? If so, then they aren't a strong enough club to be playing semi-pro. I don't want to see any clubs go out of existence, but in the same breath f they offer nothing above paying a few players a few quid to play every week, then what would the game actually miss if they did disappear?

You can't on one hand claim that these clubs are strong enough to be in a P&R system, and then simultaneously argue that they will go out of existence if they get relegated out of it. There's no consistency in your argument. If we replace "L1" with "SL" in your quote above, then suddenly your argument flips rounds and you're quite happy to see clubs put in financial strife if it means your club can get promoted. Hypocritical.

Archived