Ben Thaler

It would possibly have been better to not reveal the precise nature of the complaint against him to prevent copycat allegations. Now that fans know they can get a referee stood down on the grounds of baseless allegations, a few might be tempted to go down that route in future when some key decisions go against their team.

www.twitter.com/flyingking2

Looks like Ben was a bit shafted . Anonymous allegation could purely be malicious . Surely they if they  felt they must the RFL could have discreetly looked into it without suspending Ben or putting it in the public domain with all the knock on effects to Ben and his life and career . Then it’s either done or you find something and then can act . Looks poorly handled . There’s way too much trial and tarring by accusation around . I think Ben is the best we have and I wish him well

1 hour ago, flyingking said:

It would possibly have been better to not reveal the precise nature of the complaint against him to prevent copycat allegations. Now that fans know they can get a referee stood down on the grounds of baseless allegations, a few might be tempted to go down that route in future when some key decisions go against their team.

Like he said though, anonymous letters are usually thrown in the bin. It sounds to me like someone wanted his spot, I just hope the RFL deal with it differently than they did this time

Archived