James Tedesco

1 hour ago, Dunbar said:

Let me ask you.

If Tedesco had stayed with Wests and RTS with the Roosters and the latter had gone on to win the last two Premierships, do you think the perception of the two would be different?

If, if , if... it’s irrelevant, because we will never know if Roosters would have won the last two prems had Tedesco not been there. Perhaps had Tedesco stayed at Tigers, they would have been premiers by now, so I can’t really answer that question with any resemblance of fact.

The only facts of the matter are, both won premierships with the Roosters and both have spent years at non finals appearing teams and of the two, Tedesco get the most plaudits. 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He can't be an immortal if Australia don't play anyone. At the moment, he is 27 years-old has 4 caps and lost two of those tests. The guy is an immense talent but he had a shocker against Tonga when Australia lost.

6 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

If, if , if... it’s irrelevant, because we will never know if Roosters would have won the last two prems had Tedesco not been there. Perhaps had Tedesco stayed at Tigers, they would have been premiers by now, so I can’t really answer that question with any resemblance of fact.

The only facts of the matter are, both won premierships with the Roosters and both have spent years at non finals appearing teams and of the two, Tedesco get the most plaudits. 

It is only a hypothetical about the influence that a player appearing in a winning team has on his status.

I am not sure I agree with your second point.  The Roosters won the Premiership the last two years and yet RTS was Dally M player of the year in 2018. I would say that achievement in the year Tedesco won a Premiership with the Roosters puts them pretty even.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

3 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Is it easier for RTS to win Dally M points in his team ?

It may be easier to stand out for the Warriors but equally the Dally M points are more likely to go to players from the winning side and that suits a player who plays for a top team.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

2 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

It may be easier to stand out for the Warriors but equally the Dally M points are more likely to go to players from the winning side and that suits a player who plays for a top team.

At the end of the day I guess they’re just damn good world  class players , among a few that grace that comp in that position . I wish we were so blessed 

Just now, DavidM said:

At the end of the day I guess they’re just damn good world  class players , among a few that grace that comp in that position . I wish we were so blessed 

Agreed.

And I don't want anyone on this thread to think I don't think Tedesco is superb... he is. I just find it interesting thinking through how being in the champion team effects a players individual standing.

11 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Agreed.

And I don't want anyone on this thread to think I don't think Tedesco is superb... he is. I just find it interesting thinking through how being in the champion team effects a players individual standing.

Are you also doubting the world class abilities of Ged Byrne?

Just now, Scubby said:

Are you also doubting the world class abilities of Ged Byrne?

Never.

6 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

Indeed he did and he won a premiership with them. So he was playing for the Roosters, when they were successful, yet he never reached the plaudits that Tedesco has.

That’s cos RTS is not Australian 

2 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

Oh yes, I forgot the racist and xenophobic Aussies were at play here... well in that case, I can only guess he is better than Tedesco then.

I’m not sure that response was called for. It’s only natural for people to have an inherent bias and ‘big up’ one of their own countrymen.

I do cringe when commentators use the term ‘best player in the world’.......... I don’t think it does the player any favours 

Archived