Anyone with 1 hour 25 minutes to spare ?

RPH

totally off topic, but anyone with time to spare, 

I have not seen this video before, 85 minutes of photos and postcards of Dewsbury.

I have picked out most the the pubs, and also a lot that I didn't know about. and now demolished.

and a few Landmarks, take a look, the times that they appear are in mins and seconds.

Dewsbury In Old Pictures & Postcards May 2019

lots of pubs that have disappeared the Scarborough Hotel 0.10, hit by a tram in 1915 51,50 , Royal Hotel 46.00, there are 3 pubs in a row , Man and Saddle ,Kings Arms and Black Bull on 37.37 and New Inn on the Market place 1.24 , the Market House Church Street 15.06 , Fryers Vaults on Church Street 52.22 and 58.40, the White Lion on Northgate 46.53  , Station Hotel  32.35 , the Granby Hotel 45.50, the Railway 1.03.50 ,The Fleece Inn on Northgate 1.07.26 ,going out of town the Belle Vue 53.33. the Ravensthorpe , then one at Batley Carr looks like the Albion at 54.40 , and a few I've missed or did not spot . The Great Northern 13.40 is now the curved shops on the corner of Corporation Street and Crackenedge Lane. also the Queen’s Head and the Hole in the Wall have been named on Westgate in the past.

lower EarlsHeaton full of Houses 4.54 , My Grandad and Grandma had a pub there in the fifties.
The Empire Palace 10.00,
The Bon Bon 11.58 ,
Thornhill Power Station 28.00.
I don't recognise the Arch 28.06.
the Rex Cinema 32.40,

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

On 08/10/2020 at 00:46, RPH said:

totally off topic, but anyone with time to spare, 

I have not seen this video before, 85 minutes of photos and postcards of Dewsbury.

I have picked out most the the pubs, and also a lot that I didn't know about. and now demolished.

and a few Landmarks, take a look, the times that they appear are in mins and seconds.

Dewsbury In Old Pictures & Postcards May 2019

lots of pubs that have disappeared the Scarborough Hotel 0.10, hit by a tram in 1915 51,50 , Royal Hotel 46.00, there are 3 pubs in a row , Man and Saddle ,Kings Arms and Black Bull on 37.37 and New Inn on the Market place 1.24 , the Market House Church Street 15.06 , Fryers Vaults on Church Street 52.22 and 58.40, the White Lion on Northgate 46.53  , Station Hotel  32.35 , the Granby Hotel 45.50, the Railway 1.03.50 ,The Fleece Inn on Northgate 1.07.26 ,going out of town the Belle Vue 53.33. the Ravensthorpe , then one at Batley Carr looks like the Albion at 54.40 , and a few I've missed or did not spot . The Great Northern is now the curved shops on the corner of Corporation Street and Crackenedge  Lane. also the Queen’s Head and the Hole in the Wall have been named on Westgate in the past.

lower EarlsHeaton full of Houses 4.54 , My grandad and Grandma had a pub there in the fifties.
The Empire Palace 10.00,
The Bon Bon 11.58 ,
Thornhill Power Station 28.00.
I don't recognise the Arch 28.06.
the Rex Cinema 32.40,

Fantastic pictures-what a beautiful town it was.

Brilliant RPH and many thanks for drawing our attention to it - some fab memories and I’m only half way through- but I do recognise the arch at minute 28, it is the Queensway or Kingsway Arcade I think which runs between Foundry Street & Northgate just by the old Gas Showrooms (where Bradford & Halifax Roads split). The pic shows it before it had a roof and what is now a cafe was Wigfalls electrical store, source of many old tv’s and cheapo record players in the 1960’s & 70’s. Time to look at the rest I think - one q for the old timers, where was Lady Wood as shown in one or two pictures?

Archived