Funding allocation

fredm

4 hours ago, fredm said:

I see Mark Sawyer is saying that allocation for Championship clubs will be reduced by 16% next season and nothing has been arranged as yet for 2022 due to the New Sky deal which will probably be lower.

2022 may even be zero for non-SL clubs Fred.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Yes I remember K.N. explaining it in the Ron Earnshaw lounge it, as I remember,brought about the one off Yorkshire cup competition...S.L. Clubs threatened not to play friendly games with & not to have dual reg unless the championship voted for the new sharing of funding.

1 hour ago, The Grinder said:

But this is what the clubs voted to do 12-18 months ago

Correct. And the Championship clubs were party to that agreement.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 hours ago, Monologue said:

I understood that it was already agreed & passed that should the new deal be increased the increase would all go to super league clubs & if it was lower the difference would come out of the allocation to championship clubs.

The deal will not be an increase on the current one but a significant reduction. If that reduction falls below a specified annual figure then the allocation to clubs below SL will fall and may fall to zero. there is no built-in proportionality.

Archived