Championship 2021

1 hour ago, Hela Wigmen said:

I think the proposed eighteen game season in League One isn’t actually that much of a bad thing.

You reckon ? 9 home games and a challenge cup match where you could get drawn away and get knocked out . Clubs like mine are doing amazing things generating funds but matchday revenues are central and Ive no idea why they couldn’t find a way to eke out more league games from after Easter 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, DavidM said:

You reckon ? 9 home games and a challenge cup match where you could get drawn away and get knocked out . Clubs like mine are doing amazing things generating funds but matchday revenues are central and Ive no idea why they couldn’t find a way to eke out more league games from after Easter 

No loop fixtures ?

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

18 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I do. It’s not ideal but then global pandemic’s aren’t typically ideal. Super League clubs based in the UK managed 16-19 games this year, with 5-6 of those being pre-Covid. These are professional clubs as well, whereas semi-pros could well be at further risk during the working week. 

It’s a shame that there’s not some more games for League One clubs in 2021 but we don’t want to lose too many due to the risks. 

6 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

I do. It’s not ideal but then global pandemic’s aren’t typically ideal. Super League clubs based in the UK managed 16-19 games this year, with 5-6 of those being pre-Covid. These are professional clubs as well, whereas semi-pros could well be at further risk during the working week. 

It’s a shame that there’s not some more games for League One clubs in 2021 but we don’t want to lose too many due to the risks. 

I understand what you’re saying mate , is unfortunate 

36 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

In fairness, there are about 26 weekends from 1 April, 18 of those taken up with the league, say four more for the playoffs.  There's not all that much slack.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

4 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

Well the owners and the supporters aren't the same are they? But let's park that, of more interest is the PPV option on the OURLEAGUE App, so guess they are looking to push it to see what data they can gleam before the money ends next year. 

I'll def be paying for any streaming - both Broncos games and maybe some more

Just now, ShropshireBull said:

Well change is coming. RFL need to push that app like a mad man all year, at the World Cup, let it be mentioned on the BBC coverage. Need to be aiming for an ambitious target of registrations by end of next year (300,000) and see if we can get people to give £10 a month from 2022 . There's your championship funding.  

My price point for all Championship games would be about £20 a month I reckon 

How many people do we think would they gey if say it was £10 a month? Can't think it would be any more than say 30,000?

4 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Well the OurLeague app be available on smart TVs by then? 

It all depends upon the TV manufacturer. Generally they offer very few apps - you are best going through the browser.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

3 hours ago, DavidM said:

Doesn’t look like it . We had big gaps between games in the last league season.

Maybe a top 6 play-off would fill the gap for some?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived