Mon 17 May: SL: Warrington Wolves v Huddersfield Giants KO 19:45 (TV)

Who will win?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Huddersfield Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/05/21 at 19:15

9 hours ago, Ant said:

Good grief that was stressful to watch. 

Giants attack can be superb at times, as can their defence - which I think forced Wire into errors and poor choices in the first half.

Second half our defence was far more passive, possibly because of the shift in Wire players (no more plan A of "Give it to GI") and Warrington took advantage. 

More improvement from the Giants in a season that is all about rebuilding, despite what the absolutely awful Sky pundits claim.

The most impressive aspect for me was how we didn't cave in to the Wire pressure.

Pick any year from the last 10 years and we would have collapsed, mentally and physically and lost that game, we know only too well that we have been unable and sometimes unwilling to hold that pressure off and stay in games, last night, and the win V Leeds went a long way to turning that around.

After getting it back to 18-20  I feared for us, but it was great to see us not only hold out but to push on and win, that's 2 straight wins where we've overcome a purple patch for the opposition and come through.

I know our fans don't or didn't want to hear it, but it really is about the processes, we've seen incremental improvements every game so far and it bodes well, it's certainly better than kneejerking after 3 games without a win.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, meast said:

The most impressive aspect for me was how we didn't cave in to the Wire pressure.

Pick any year from the last 10 years and we would have collapsed, mentally and physically and lost that game, we know only too well that we have been unable and sometimes unwilling to hold that pressure off and stay in games, last night, and the win V Leeds went a long way to turning that around.

After getting it back to 18-20  I feared for us, but it was great to see us not only hold out but to push on and win, that's 2 straight wins where we've overcome a purple patch for the opposition and come through.

I know our fans don't or didn't want to hear it, but it really is about the processes, we've seen incremental improvements every game so far and it bodes well, it's certainly better than kneejerking after 3 games without a win.

That's fine but you've got us up next , so you're winning streak comes to an end next Saturday 🤔😉

4 hours ago, meast said:

It doesn't help with the sky team banging on about the "high expectations" on Watson this season - maybe from them who demonstrate week in and week out they could be replaced by literally anyone else and be an improvement.

This season is 100% about the process, rebuilding almost from scratch and building for the future and each game we have improved ahead of where we were.

I have to say, Hudds have been quite impressive this season whenever i have seen them.

Did well against Rhinos, and I didn't see this game, but caught the highlights and another impressive performance (first half certainly).

They have surprised me - they are sitting 8th, but when i have seen them have looked like they deserve to be higher.  I think they could be a bit of an 'influencer' in the league this season, by taking points off some of the favourites.

On 18/05/2021 at 17:57, GUBRATS said:

That's fine but you've got us up next , so you're winning streak comes to an end next Saturday 🤔😉

You may jest, but it would absolutely typical of Fartown to do that.

I remember years back, we were unbeaten, top of the league, just thrashed Leeds at Headingley, first time we'd beaten them for 34 years, we then went to Wrexham to play bottom of the table crusaders and were duly spanked!

Archived