Darcy Lussick

Signing for us on an initial 2-week loan according to Total RL.

Currently at Salford. Played for Toronto against us in the Million Dollar game in 2019 and also earlier that year when he had a bit of a difference of opinion with Jack Bussey and got sin binned.

Big unit and we are a bit short in the forwards at the moment.

6 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Signing for us on an initial 2-week loan according to Total RL.

Currently at Salford. Played for Toronto against us in the Million Dollar game in 2019 and also earlier that year when he had a bit of a difference of opinion with Jack Bussey and got sin binned.

Big unit and we are a bit short in the forwards at the moment.

Can he play on t'wing?😉

35 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Can he play on t'wing?😉

He is a decent player for the Championship.We could do with another two a Full Back would be nice.Hall is versatile to play in any of the back positions and Hardcastle could play in the backs or back row.Crisis time with injuries i don't like bringing in loan players but we are getting desperate.And it's not our fault we did start with a squad of 26/27 players.

Can't we swap loans with Bradford - we'll take Golding and they can have Mr Darcy.

But of a tool isn't he ?  Does a bit of boxing ? Best part of that game in Toronto was when Briscoe accidentally kicked him in the head and he had to return with a bandage on his head.

1 hour ago, Cardypaul said:

Think we need a couple of outside backs or one and a full back to free Hall up.

17 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

He is a decent player for the Championship.We could do with another two a Full Back would be nice.Hall is versatile to play in any of the back positions and Hardcastle could play in the backs or back row.Crisis time with injuries i don't like bringing in loan players but we are getting desperate.And it's not our fault we did start with a squad of 26/27 players.

All this talk about needing a fullback makes me laugh HOW many do we need last time I looked we had Craig H (fullback)  Louis S (fullback)  Liam W (fullback) all signed on

Webster can't think much of Sheriff or he would have played him full back by now instead of putting Chissy there.I was under the impression that Liam Whitton was injured.He did alright in the one game i saw him play pre season,if fit i would give him a chance.Gale on one wing i would play Hall  on the other and if short in the forwards Hardcastle would do a shift there.What positions would you cover with the other two now we have Lussick in the forwards.Have you inside information on the extent of our forwards injury list?.We have cover at hooker so maybe a half back if Chissy is out for a few games.

39 minutes ago, POR said:

All this talk about needing a fullback makes me laugh HOW many do we need last time I looked we had Craig H (fullback)  Louis S (fullback)  Liam W (fullback) all signed on

Do we know for sure the latter two are still at the club? From memory I don't think either have been in a 21-man squad recently (or in Sheriff's case, at all). Webbo said we had only 19 fit players this week and even fewer the week before, I know there may have been an element of keeping unfit players in a 21-man squad to keep the opposition guessing but even with our shortage of outside backs it seems unlikely of them are going to get a game for us even if they are still part of the squad.

21 minutes ago, hrtbps said:

Not sure of the source of this but Senior plays wing / centre and Wynne plays fullback. 

Senior is good for Championship level are there two brothers.One was on loan at Wakey i am happy with him and would rather play him than shuffle our backs around.Don't know much about Wynne but i will e mail my daughter as she is a Huddersfield member.

Just now, Robin Evans said:

Young Whitton played for Siddal a couple of weeks ago didn't he? I assumed he'd been released.

Well Webster must have decided he needed a bit more at this level.However the kid never got a chance.I would say to a young player if i thought he was ready,go on young un have a go and get stuck in whatever happens you are in for the next 4 games.It's the only way to give young players confidence let them play.

10 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Well Webster must have decided he needed a bit more at this level.However the kid never got a chance.I would say to a young player if i thought he was ready,go on young un have a go and get stuck in whatever happens you are in for the next 4 games.It's the only way to give young players confidence let them play.

I thought he looked good early on

8 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Senior is good for Championship level are there two brothers.One was on loan at Wakey i am happy with him and would rather play him than shuffle our backs around.Don't know much about Wynne but i will e mail my daughter as she is a Huddersfield member.

Wynne plays at full back for Hull not Huddersfield, he played a couple of games for York on loan earlier this season and scored at least one very good try.

Innes Senior is on season-long loan at Wakefield but hasn't had much game time, he seems to be behind Kay and Kershaw with Tom Johnstone almost ready to return too. His twin brother Louis went on loan to Oldham recently and scored against widnes.

Of course all this is just gossip at the moment.

39 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Do we know for sure the latter two are still at the club? From memory I don't think either have been in a 21-man squad recently (or in Sheriff's case, at all). Webbo said we had only 19 fit players this week and even fewer the week before, I know there may have been an element of keeping unfit players in a 21-man squad to keep the opposition guessing but even with our shortage of outside backs it seems unlikely of them are going to get a game for us even if they are still part of the squad.

That's my point PH all three are listed in the squad on web page but club tells us nowt about their availability or how injured player are getting on only vague statements of 19 fit players

1 minute ago, Robin Evans said:

I thought he looked good early on

He went well enough but he's very small and rightly or wrongly that counts against you these days.

As an aside how many very small full backs have we signed but then released over the last few years? I can think of Dave Scott who played well for Batley for a few years, Josh Sunley, a feisty little redhead who played a couple of games in pre-season and got in a bit of a scrap with Dane Manning, and Kiedan Hartley, as well as Whitton, think the last 3 named all came from Leeds Rhinos.

16 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

He went well enough but he's very small and rightly or wrongly that counts against you these days.

As an aside how many very small full backs have we signed but then released over the last few years? I can think of Dave Scott who played well for Batley for a few years, Josh Sunley, a feisty little redhead who played a couple of games in pre-season and got in a bit of a scrap with Dane Manning, and Kiedan Hartley, as well as Whitton, think the last 3 named all came from Leeds Rhinos.

On leeds web liam listed as 178 cm that's round about 5ft 10 in old money so not that small

42 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Young Whitton played for Siddal a couple of weeks ago didn't he? I assumed he'd been released.

That's true Robin in the man of the match performance and he's due to play again this week against east leeds 

Just now, POR said:

On leeds web liam listed as 178 cm that's round about 5ft 10 in old money so not that small

That's true Robin in the man of the match performance and he's due to play again this week against east leeds 

By all accounts he's enjoying his rugby again. In my mind that is THE priority.

25 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

He's under 6 foot and under 12 stone. That's small by Championship RL standards. I didn't say he was short.

But you  implied it by saying he's very small by the way Chris Bibb was only 5ft 9 and about a stone heavier than liams 11 st 11  and he did ok😀 

33 minutes ago, POR said:

But you  implied it by saying he's very small by the way Chris Bibb was only 5ft 9 and about a stone heavier than liams 11 st 11  and he did ok😀 

He lacks size and that may have counted against him, I think I made that clear in my original post.

Bibby played in a totally different era, and in any case I'm not saying it's impossible to be a successful top-flight player if you are slightly-built, just that it's much harder to get a chance as most coaches seem to place a hgh emphasis on size/physique.

My daughter says the Senior twins are both S L standard players and they did well when playing for them.Apparently if we have Innes his brother was good either on the wing or Full Back.They are identical twins and you can't tell one from the other.Should fit in well with us and if selected give him some early ball.

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

He lacks size and that may have counted against him, I think I made that clear in my original post.

Bibby played in a totally different era, and in any case I'm not saying it's impossible to be a successful top-flight player if you are slightly-built, just that it's much harder to get a chance as most coaches seem to place a hgh emphasis on size/physique.

I agree since we went to 10 m all they want is big blokes who can run over people for 15 minutes have a rest come back on and do it again

sadly the place for small skilled   play makers  ala Deryck Fox who could sit defenders on their backsides  isn't wanted anymore 

Archived