Jump to content

TO Prepare


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

In light of what happened last week, France is the immediate future to support the game in England. Toulouse is that first new opportunity. We've got to grasp with both hands. Followed by regular international engagement with France. The roots are already there. Take the opportunity. The first step to diversifying in the NH. 

Absolutely. France is more important than ever. 

  • Like 8

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Link to comment
Share on other sites


The antics of the Cons has certainly clarified the priorities of the Northern game - that is correct

We should be looking at 4 French clubs in a 2x 10 SL structure with P&R and 3 year licences, we should be developing the PT elite 1 player pool to FT athletes capable of strengthening France on the international scene.

I would be asking these clubs to secure a TV deal, after all Canal+ is paying each RU club something like £7m per season for TV rights.

 

PS I fully support France 2025

Edited by sweaty craiq
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

I think you will be surprised SB I know the French and they will follow things much more at a top level Toulouse will average 10/12000 in their first season.

 

Paul

If they got 10000 first season I would be amazed and delighted. I´d take beating Wakefield and a sell out versus the dragons. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Good piece in Mondays ‘La Dépéche’ broadsheet newspaper from Didier Navarre. A third of a page too. TO have only featured in the main regional paper since they arrived in the Championship across the Channel. Elite 1 coverage only in the city edition.

The headline

«  The month of August crucial for TO »

The Most- a seasoned team of players ready for the challenge. In 84 years of history TO have never possessed a team so experienced and seasoned. Dominique Peyroux, Joseph Paulo major titles with St Helens. Mitch Garbutt ditto with Leeds too. Add on Remi Casty and Tony Gigot Challenge Cup winners with the Dragons in 2018. These players have a capacity to prepare these matches of high level which will profit all the group. Despitethe difficulties sportive of the season,the group rest sound. On the wider plan extra-sportive, the team live well

*Romain Navarrette and Lucas Albert have recently joined the group with lots of experience in Super League too

The best statistics TO- show with 9 games have average attack figures 48 with 9 in defence whilst FEV show 44-11 after 13 games. Since 2017 TO lead FEV with 5 out of 7 won

Least TO : ground and support passionate a rôle as a 14th man

Least TO : playing so far with no games at home and go into Sundays not playing since 11th July Lacking rythme.

Least TO : Not matching up with enough top teams too -a hindrance

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by audois
  • Like 1

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, audois said:

Good piece in Mondays ‘La Dépéche’ broadsheet newspaper from Didier Navarre. A third of a page too. TO have only featured in the main regional paper since they arrived in the Championship across the Channel. Elite 1 coverage only in the city edition.

The headline

«  The month of August crucial for TO »

The Most- a seasoned team of players ready for the challenge. In 84 years of history TO have never possessed a team so experienced and seasoned. Dominique Peyroux, Joseph Paulo major titles with St Helens. Mitch Garbutt ditto with Leeds too. Add on Remi Casty and Tony Gigot Challenge Cup winners with the Dragons in 2018. These players have a capacity to prepare these matches of high level which will profit all the group. Despitethe difficulties sportive of the season,the group rest sound. On the wider plan extra-sportive, the team live well

*Romain Navarrette and Lucal Albert have recently joined the group with lots of experience in Super League too

The best statistics TO- show with 9 games have average attack figures 48 with 9 in defence whilst FEV show 44-11 after 13 games. Since 2017 TO lead FEV with 5 out of 7 won

Least TO : ground and support passionate a rôle as a 14th man

Least TO : playing so far with no games at home and go into Sundays not playing since 11th July Lacking rythme.

Least TO : Not matching up with enough top teams too -a hindrance

 

 

 

 

 

Gold.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 27/07/2021 at 10:31, sweaty craiq said:

so 30% less than Leigh 2017 is good for a city the size of Toulouse, 15000 min should be the target and no sky money until there is enough to feed the home game again

As long as Sky are banned to enter the stadiums from all games involving them then thats fair.

Imagine Sky not being able to screen a relegation decider or worse the GF!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 26/07/2021 at 20:24, ATLANTISMAN said:

I will be ecstatic if Toulouse are in SL next season after 3 seasons they will be up there with the best of them.

They have the potential to be the biggest club in SL.

 

Paul

What attendances do you think they’d get if they were challenging for SL, is there much awareness of RL in the city currently? 
 

Edit - have now read all the comments and can see you’ve already said. 

Edited by Eddie
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 27/07/2021 at 10:31, sweaty craiq said:

so 30% less than Leigh 2017 is good for a city the size of Toulouse, 15000 min should be the target and no sky money until there is enough to feed the home game again

Leigh are the only ticket in town, TO aren’t even the third ticket in town, if they can average 5k in SL from the off I’d be both amazed and delighted. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, yipyee said:

As long as Sky are banned to enter the stadiums from all games involving them then thats fair.

Imagine Sky not being able to screen a relegation decider or worse the GF!

I would support that and no away games to be screened in France, then when they have a TV deal an agreement can be struck. Great idea Yipyee

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...