Super League ready

4 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I'm not sure what point you are making. There has always been the ability to hand pick clubs, offer them whatever deal and that goes right back to SL1. Even when they had P&R they declined some clubs. None of this is new. The precedent was set in SL One in 1996.

But the current agreement is 1 up 1 down P&R. 

Your last para makes no sense. Who are you moaning about, the press or the game? 

Super League is an invitational competition. It has a board and I believe it can choose who can and can't compete at any point and any year. So in 2019 when Toronto made the Championship GF their place still wasn't confirmed by SL until the week of that GF. I have no doubt the same charade will happen with Toulouse and then it will be down to money, distribution and ####. So if they can say who is in the competition each year then my all bets are off after 2021 is a valid comment.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Super League is an invitational competition. It has a board and I believe it can choose who can and can't compete at any point and any year. So in 2019 when Toronto made the Championship GF their place still wasn't confirmed by SL until the week of that GF. I have no doubt the same charade will happen with Toulouse and then it will be down to money, distribution and ####. So if they can say who is in the competition each year then my all bets are off after 2021 is a valid comment.

There are agreements in place with the RFL over what they can and can't decide. It's one of the reasons Toronto were promoted despite few trusting Argyle. 

But, you've been around for the 25 years of SL Scubby, you've seen teams handpicked, knocked back, excluded, admitted from scratch etc. 

8 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Yes , and if somebody else had been relegated as a result of Saints behaviour , do you think it would have been fair ? , If you as a club owner lost your place because if that , would you continue to finance your club ? , Or would you walk away ?

What i am pointing out is that since saints bradford on that infamous easter monday no one gets sanctioned for fielding weaker teams

Archived