Super League ready

I've just watched the Toulouse v London match and at half time, the highlights of Toulouse v Featherstone.

London were overwhelmed but Toulouse looked slick (and strong). Featherstone were also very good and I really enjoyed the highlights. 

I wish I had more information about the viewing figures for these Our League streamed games.

If the mainstream tv companies are not interested in championship RL then I can tell you emphatically, that I am and I'm willing to pay for the privilege. 

You folks might argue, but I'd say I'm not that unusual, so there must be many others out there like me and surely this could become a decent alternative income stream for the game.

Are the Our League streamed matches available across Europe?  

25 minutes ago, binosh said:

No they weren’t? They failed to fulfill their fixtures as they failed to pay their players. They kicked themselves out.

Nope a new owner had a plan to continue and agreed to pay all monies owed, they were kicked out. 

Other SL clubs have come into issues including not fullfilling fixtures and new owners were allowed to take over.

Didnt Harlequins rebrand as Broncos under new owners, never paid their crediters around 5 million and continued in SL

Sure Crusaders did this also when they relocated north.

The fixtures issue was a covid issue including visas etc..

8 minutes ago, yipyee said:

Nope a new owner had a plan to continue and agreed to pay all monies owed, they were kicked out. 

Other SL clubs have come into issues including not fullfilling fixtures and new owners were allowed to take over.

Didnt Harlequins rebrand as Broncos under new owners, never paid their crediters around 5 million and continued in SL

Sure Crusaders did this also when they relocated north.

The fixtures issue was a covid issue including visas etc..

Without going back over well-trodden old ground, the Toronto money problems were evident long before Covid and their business plan made no sense at all (hey look, we're building a big male grooming brand that will make everyone rich!)

1 hour ago, yipyee said:

How well has attendances been for other prompoted clubs, what percentage increase did widnes, leigh and hull kr gain when promoted?

Hi yips, I will throw it back and ask how many people were predicting Leigh and HKR would benefit from crowds t tines what they were getting, Leigh in '17 averaged 6,500 at the LSV if Toulouse do they same when they are promoted they will have done very well, I think.

Edited by Harry Stottle

1 hour ago, Scubby said:

No it can't. It just can't afford to lose the integrity of the NRL competition and it values its commercial offering to broadcasters before small time thinking.

SL got the TV deal it deserved post Toronto - reduced money for 2 years and put on notice to sort your #### out! I'm not sure we are listening.

Do you consider the reduction and threat from Sky are of a direct connection to Toronto or your suggested League's failures in respect of Toronto?

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Do you consider the reduction and threat from Sky are of a direct connection to Toronto or your suggested League's failures in respect of Toronto?

I think a huge beast like Sky will take full advantage of a vulnerable partner - regardless of the Toronto situation.

Remember SL had to go to Sky last season and say "sorry, our 12 team competition is now an 11-team competition" mid-season. Then it had to renegotiate with Sky while it was assessing bids from Championship teams - who on approval they were going to kneecap by giving them only 60% central funding in relation to other clubs. 

That is basically a free pass for Sky to put SL in its place is it not? 

8 minutes ago, Scubby said:

I think a huge beast like Sky will take full advantage of a vulnerable partner - regardless of the Toronto situation.

Remember SL had to go to Sky last season and say "sorry, our 12 team competition is now an 11-team competition" mid-season. Then it had to renegotiate with Sky while it was assessing bids from Championship teams - who on approval they were going to kneecap by giving them only 60% central funding in relation to other clubs. 

That is basically a free pass for Sky to put SL in its place is it not? 

Yep, your last sentance shows SL's vulnerability, and like a player moaning they have hurt their arm SL was highlighting their weak spot to attack.

2 hours ago, binosh said:

Good luck to Toulouse next year I hope they get that spot in SL.

Be interesting to see if they are the saviours of SL that everybody is guaranteeing on here. 

Same as when Toronto arrived and were going to shake up SL and win the comp within 3 years. Let’s see how many of the posters on here are still banging the drum when Toulouse are rock bottom and presented with the same sobering problems faced by Leigh currently.

Literally no one is calling Toulouse the saviours of Superleague though.

5 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Yeah is does get tiring with people building their straw men. Are they saviours? No. Will Tou increase the exposure and marketability of RL in France and provide another pathway for French players? Yes. Will Toulouse vs Catalan be another solid rivalry game to add to SL´s commercial and TV offer? Absolutely. 

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

To be fair, a lot of people on this forum do seem to think they are, along with York and Newcastle. 

Edited by Eddie
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Eddie said:

To be fair, a lot of people on this forum do seem to think they are, along with York and Newcastle. 

We think they would increase the commercial viability of the sport and are positive growth areas for a sport that, bar Leeds, lacks teams in thriving economically developing cities. The hyperbole is on the other side. 

Edited by ShropshireBull

3 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Yeah is does get tiring with people building their straw men. Are they saviours? No. Will Tou increase the exposure and marketability of RL in France and provide another pathway for French players? Yes. Will Toulouse vs Catalan be another solid rivalry game to add to SL´s commercial and TV offer? Absolutely. 

Yeap,saviours no,a positive addition to the Superleague,absolutely and I’m sure Sky will be more than happy to take any free feed of their home games that Toulouse can come up with.

Just now, Davo5 said:

Yeap,saviours no,a positive addition to the Superleague,absolutely and I’m sure Sky will be more than happy to take any free feed of their home games that Toulouse can come up with.

Exactly, Huddersfield vs Salford in a 30% capacity stadium or Toulouse vs Catalan on that weekend instead? Let´s have that on Telly. 

Just now, Davo5 said:

You’re saying what you think there, not what everyone else thinks. Really can’t be ar5ed to argue about it but people on this forum regularly say we ‘need’ TO in SL. 

1 minute ago, Davo5 said:

They really don’t.

1 minute ago, Davo5 said:

They really don’t.

They really do and you’re just trying to be hard work.

”Toulouse bring miles more to SL”

”Toulouse bring a major culture capital to SL”

”Toulouse will bring revenue & sponsorship to SL”

”Sky will love another french team in the league and derby with Catalan”

“How we can we sell the rights for more money by bringing in Leigh over a major french city”

Now stop being a #### and go and have look back through the hundreds of pages of comments about how Toulouse are going to revolutionise SL Europe and help get this massive TV deal that Sky are with holding because we don’t have a league full of major UK & European cities.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Perhaps people are looking at their potential for growth vs the existing stagnated growth we have seen.

3 minutes ago, binosh said:

They really do and you’re just trying to be hard work.

”Toulouse bring miles more to SL”

”Toulouse bring a major culture capital to SL”

”Toulouse will bring revenue & sponsorship to SL”

”Sky will love another french team in the league and derby with Catalan”

“How we can we sell the rights for more money by bringing in Leigh over a major french city”

Now stop being a #### and go and have look back through the hundreds of pages of comments about how Toulouse are going to revolutionise SL Europe and help get this massive TV deal that Sky are with holding because we don’t have a league full of major UK & European cities.

And those are qualities Toulouse could easily bring to the table,none of which makes them saviours so stop using that ridiculous & untrue quote as a stick to beat them with.

8 minutes ago, Eddie said:

You’re saying what you think there, not what everyone else thinks. Really can’t be ar5ed to argue about it but people on this forum regularly say we ‘need’ TO in SL. 

Needing or wanting Toulouse in Superleague isn’t calling them the saviours though,now is it.

2 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Needing or wanting Toulouse in Superleague isn’t calling them the saviours though,now is it.

Well if you’re being pedantic maybe people don’t use the expression saviours, but it’s the just of what people are saying. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Eddie said:

SL does need new teams who have the ability to grow the sport in areas with new markets and for new sponsors. Stands to reason that when one of those is staring the sport in the face, people will be exicted about it. 

• Like 1