NRL Match Thread - Finals - Week 2 - 2021

Sad for Josh Morris as he shouldn't have to finish this way, but its been a game too far for the Roosters. To be fair, if Patrick Herbert hadn't had a brain freeze last week they wouldn't have been humiliated today.

4 minutes ago, Spotty Herbert said:

Sad for Josh Morris as he shouldn't have to finish this way, but its been a game too far for the Roosters. To be fair, if Patrick Herbert hadn't had a brain freeze last week they wouldn't have been humiliated today.

I was hoping for a J-Moz try. He still finishes as #10 all-time.

Turbo is the best player on the planet , unbelievable this season and he started after everyone else . Can he win the premiership for Manly ? Melbourne held him but he may get another chance 

If Manly go through to the GF, Tom Turbo might end up in another rare category - only 2 players have scored more than 30 tries in a season. He's on 27 now from 17 games.

Still no match for Dave Brown, Easts centre from the 1930s who scored 38 tries in 1935 - and he only played 16 games.

In 1954, Newtown winger Ray Preston scored 34 tries. I don't know how many games he played but he only missed out on a try in 4 games out of the 21 Newtown played. Maybe he was injured.

I tipped Panthers but I wouldn't be surprised if the Earls won. The Fox League poll shows 67% expecting a Parra win. I live halfway between Parra and Penrith so I can probably claim some vicarious glory no matter what the result.

That was an excellent half!

"We are easily breakable, by illness or falling, or a million other ways of leaving this earthly life. We are just so much mashed potato."  Don Estelle