Anyone for monday night rugby

tms

Anything that raises the profile of the sport is good in my opinion. I just hope there’s a bit of thought to the fixtures - Yorkshire derbies, Lancashire derbies, Cumbrian derbies so paying punters can still attend...let’s not have Whitehaven vs York on a Monday evening!

• 2 weeks later...

Ridiculous idea.It is just another nail in the coffin for the game.

It's one of the reasons I can't see me getting a season ticket this year.I will just pay game by game.

I wonder how many fans won't be able to go because of work and family commitments. Also the younger fans will have school the next day.

I know things need to change but if we have to have a different night for the tv coverage then it's a shame fridays couldn't be considered.

1 hour ago, Wiggyroad said:

It's one of the reasons I can't see me getting a season ticket this year.I will just pay game by game.

Can't see it affecting many of our home games in truth. Perhaps one or two.

The TV games were always well attended in the past (although the amount of free tickets always given out probably helped).

There's plenty who probably cannot make it on a Sunday that now have the oppportunity to, for one season I think it's best to see what the club can create of it. Also this was for a league that bar Summer Bash and the Play Offs, was getting no coverage anway. Agree that Friday Nights would be better but Sky have that slot. 

Plenty to be positive for, but I won't be signing up personally. £12/month for a game a week does seem a little steep on top of Sky and other services I already pay for, especially when I will be at the YCK games regardless. 

Jason Bass Fan Club - member #001

Archived